Thursday, June 19, 2008

My furry nephew

I have four sisters and one brother. And, they all have children, at least two each, except for one sister. The Bug only has one child, my nephew Hollis, who so happens to have four legs and a tail. He's got big ears, lots of wrinkles around his face and is very hairy. He's special that way.



So, blog friends, I'd like you to meet Hollis.




Here he is chewing on Donny's shoe. I think he was teething. He doesn't really do that anymore. I think.



How can you not love that face? Isn't he cute? He looks a little bewildered, I know. I don't think he was used to having lots of pictures taken back when my sister first got him.


He really likes Donny's shoe. Remy really likes Hollis, as you can see by his half-hug...but at this point, Remy was a little scared of his cousin, because Hollis was as big as he was, and a little rambunctious. That's why he's hugging away from Hollis' head. hehe Less chances he'll be nibbled.
Oh, wait, I spoke too soon. Remy's feeling braver. Look at those cute faces. Can you see the family resemblence? They have the same...ummm...eyes? no...same energy! Yes, that's it. Both of them are more than likely to be bouncing off the walls with energy. Both need to be run...DAILY.




Hollis has gorgeous hair. And the most hilarious expressions. Unfortuneately I don't see him much now, because my sister has moved to California!! I miss The Bug, her hubby Rock Boy, and Hollis. My boys miss their cousin. And, I don't think Annie has met Hollis yet.




This is my sister with her baby. Aren't they sweet? He's her first born. He's a little spoiled (shh! Don't tell her I said that). He has no bedtime, he pees outside, she hasn't put him in school and she has this special voice she talks to him with...



Ok, look at that face. I'd spoil him too. He's adorable. I miss you Bug, Rock Boy and Hollis!!!

19 comments:

Being Honest said...

Love that face! So Cute!



http://prettypaperbook.com/blog

CrystalChick said...

WOW, how did I get bumped up to top commenter?? This means I'm on the computer wayyyyyy toooooo much. LOL

Hollis is gorgeous!! The Bug and Rock Boy must be very proud. :))

Sandy Kessler said...

he's great not exactly Annie great but great joking sandy

KG said...

*insert wistful "I want a dog" sigh here*

Liz Harrell said...

What a fabulous nephew. I'm glad someone else refers to their dogs as children... people look at me as if I'm crazy. :)

Skeller said...

another fun photo narration, Rhea :-)
your "nephew" is adorable - too bad he and his parents are so far away from you :-(

Cristin said...

That's one sweet looking dog...

Sandy Kessler said...

for some unknown reason google is sending me all your comments????any ideas??

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Awww...look at Bug's baby. He is really a cutie. My girls are really enjoying "having" a dog here on vacation.

And...I see that Sandy has figured out how to subscribe to comments...well...sort of. But, then how do you unsubscribe?!

Sandy Kessler said...

hope i've unsubscibed trying anyhow how did it happen ??i just posted like always??

Valarie Lea said...

Hollis is so cute!! I see he actually likes chewing on Donny's shoe, while it is still on Donny. :)

Chatterness said...

he's cute, but annie's better!!

Rhea said...

Hollis didn't seem to mind that Donny's feet were still in the shoes. lol

Annie's pretty special, but I'll always have a place in my heart for Hollis too. :o)

Unknown said...

Oh my now that's a serious but very cute doggy face!

Utter Basketcase said...

Too freaking cute for words!!! xx

Maternal Mirth said...

I want to grab him by his big ol' handsome jowls and kiss him. Sooooooooo cute :)

Anonymous said...

He is adorable! I'd spoil him too!!

Anonymous said...

oh, he is so squishable. I wish I'd had my camera w/ me last night at Alex's flag football practice...it was cute-dog-night. Mo-Jo the pug, and Bear the poodle-doodle. Hopefully they'll be back next week!

Jennifer said...

That is such a beautiful dog!! :) What breed of dog is he?? I love that face too!!

great pics!!

xxoxoxoo