Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Splashtown Continued.

After the very first waterslide, the Texas Freefall, where Remy hurt himself and I experienced complete humiliation, I wasn't sure how the rest of the day at Splashtown in Spring, Texas was going to go. Remy was crying, and I figured he wouldn't do anymore rides...but he proved me wrong, and I was so proud of how brave he was! He's only 6 years old and such a little thing...but he's got spunk.
So, our next ride was Thunder Run. Sounds like fun, huh? It was!!

I took all these photos with a disposable, waterproof camera, so the resolution is not great, sorry. I didn't want to worry about taking my nice, big camera with the super zoom. I need to win that cute little red camera from the SITS gals so I can take better pictures at times like these.

If you look closely, you can see my sister, her son and Remy coming down in the three-person tube. Ok, maybe you can't see them...but they're there, I promise. Crappy camera, sorry.


Of course, the kiddos get thiiiiiiiirsty after a few rides, so we give in and buy them these massively huge snow cones.
Remy and his cousins are enjoying a cherry one here.



This is Treehouse Island. The kids loved playing here.

See that really big bucket on top? Guess what it does every ten or fifteen minutes?

You got it.

Here we are about to get into the Lazy River, which was a lot of fun,

but Remy didn't want Donny to hold him anymore.
I think they would both kill me if they saw this photo. hehe

14 comments:

Debbie said...

That looks like so much fun. Aren't cousins the best!

Angie's Spot said...

Geez, that sno-cone was no joke! Glad the day wasn't a bust after the injury. :-) This makes me want to go to the waterpark outside Atlanta. (The closest one to me) Hmmm....

CrystalChick said...

Okay, I won't go down the big slides, but treehouses and snow cones.... I'm soooo there! And okay, yeah, I'd stand under the big bucket of water!!

Jen said...

That tree house looks totally awesome. My kid would have loved playing there. Who am I kidding, he would have loved everything.

Beth said...

My family would REALLY enjoy that place. Looks like so much fun.

And, so what your saying is.. your crappy camera takes better photos then my "good" camera. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Looks like soo much fun!!!

Aunt Julie said...

I absolutely LOVE water parks! Hey, you've given me a brainstorm--we should round up the cousins and go! I'll tell Hubby--he'll totally be into it! BTW, don't forget the Great Pop'rs Giveaway! The more you comment, the better chance you have of winning--Check it out!

Insane Mama said...

Waterslides, cousins, it's too good! I love when the bucket dumps the water.

Jennifer said...

i wanna go. i wanna go!! please!!

next time you go to Houston, I'm coming... who cares if it will take me more than three days probably from NY and that I'm horrible with directions and have ZERO sense of direction!!

I wanna come!!

It looks AWESOME!! :) At 6 Flags they have a HUGE bucket thing too, and it is totally awesome!! :) I be my kids and hubby would love it there!! :)

HOUSTON here we come!! (I wish)

xoxoxox

Jennifer said...

I'm so proud of Remy for being so brave!! It had to hurt like hell too, to have a burn like that... but he was a trooper!! Good for him. :)

I love the picture of Donny & Remy... that is just so darn cute! i tell ya!! You have the sweetest boys EVAH!! :)

That is the pic you show the girlfriends... that and naked bathtub pics. ;) (although I don't think it is bad... I think it is really sweet!! you can tell they like one another!! )

I guess I should go off to bed, b/c mornin' will be here before I know it.

good pics... I have to remember to do the disposable waterproof camera next trip we take to the water park... I have no pics from our one trip to MNT Creek this yr for fear of my camera... which isn't big or glamorous... but it is all I got. ;)

thanks for sharing pics.

xoxoxoxo

miri68 said...

Hey there, Splashtown is great, but have you heard of NRH2O? It is an awesome waterpark in North Richland Hills, just a little westish from Carrollton. Google it. We love this place. Have you tried Schlitterbahn? Little bit further south.

Karen said...

Looks like a ton fun! The last picture of your boys is my favorite. I love when true sibling torture is caught on film.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

The lazy river is my favorite. I would be so happy to just float along. Forever. I just need to figure out how to do that without crowds and kids splashing me.

Jules said...

I SO need to come and visit you!