Friday, July 25, 2008

My Homage to Tequila.

I know I promised more family introductions and photos, but I had a sudden change of heart. I felt the sudden need to leave behind the G-rated little kid posts and throw in a little healthy R-rated action instead. Shocking, I know.

Let me say, first of all, that I never drink. Seriously. Practically NEVER. However, I was in Mexico with my husband and NO kids, at a Mexican wedding and there was tequila being passed out like it was water...and we had a huge bus to take us back to our hotel. I didn't know it at the time, but I was a goner the minute I got to that wedding.

Two years ago, our good friend John was marrying a beautiful girl in Mexico City. My Texas Homeboy was asked to be a groomsman, so we flew down there for the wedding. We left our cute boys behind because we heard children get kidnapped a lot down there.

The wedding was gorgeous and held in some 16th century chapel. It was elegant and amazing.


And then the real party started...and the second band showed up.
They started handing out costumes.


and clowns on stilts start mingling in the crowd.
(and, at this point, the photography goes seriously downhill folks because the photographer, who never drinks, had one too many tequilas. Make that ten too many.
Ok, I admit, I lost count.
And lost time...

Someone else may have had my camera for a while even.

In fact, the rest of the night was pretty fuzzy.

Wait, I know these guys. On the left is my Texas Homeboy.

At this point I have my camera back, and this is my abstract art photo of the night...

Behold, batteries on the table!

These are some of our friends.
When you've had way too much tequila, everyone's your friend.
And things get really weird when everyone has masks on...

I might know this guy.
I think he's had too much tequila as well.
Yep, he looks familiar.
We didn't make it back to our hotel until the party was over...

at like 5am the next morning.

It was one helluva a wedding


33 comments:

Unknown said...

OH NO!! I know Mexican weddings all too well. I was my BFF's maid of honor in Puerto Vallarta and threw up in taxi on the way back to our hotel. From...tequila :( Just the smell of it makes me sick now. Looks like ya'll had fun though!

BTW...Girl, WHAT are you doing awake?? I thought I was the only one who blogged at this hour!

BITR Country Girl said...

It looks like it was one hellva wedding. All the ones in my family are pretty much straightlaced and even the reception isn't all that fun. But then there are weddings like my second cousin's wedding where they did the muppet dance during the reception....It was pretty awesome!

J'Ollie Primitives said...

FUN! I love the masks and the clowns. Tequila? feh....

Anonymous said...

My head hurts just thinking about what the next day must have been like!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Man, all of you are up VERY EARLY!!!! These pics look hilarious. Looks like my kinda wedding.

The CDM said...

Mexican weddings are a hangover just waiting to happen. Kneel before the porcelain god and pray for an end.

Jennifer said...

you and me!! we need to par-tay together!!

I LOVE tequila!! That is my drink of choice!! :) no lemon no salt... just chilled!! YUMMY!!!

if you do the lemon it can cause extra acid in your stomach and make you sick. Or shall I say sicker quicker! lol

sounds like it was party of the year!! :)

I LOVE the pics... my favorite is of the batteries. :) lol

why no picks of you Miss lovely Rhea??? ;)

glad you had a good time sans kiddos!! :)

xoxoxoxo x

Karen said...

That chapel is gorgeous and your pictures a hoot!!

sandyshares said...

wow what a festive atmosphere. go girl !!

Lula! said...

LOVE these pictures, Rhea...and that was one wedding I would've loved to have attended. I'm afraid of Tequila, though...you know, because of the whole, "one tequila, two tequila, three tequila FLOOR!" Now a Corona Light with lime...aw, bring it on!

Shannon said...

Looks like it was a great party!

Melissa said...

Yikes! Looks crazy! I'm glad you stopped by today! You are so cute in your pink hat. I see you all the time on roll call! I'll be back!

Jennifer said...

O. M. G!!!


I so LOVE the music on here!! I was just lagging here trying to get some energy up to do some things I have to get done to shopping and out tonight with the fam... this was what I needed...

PUMP IT!! :)

thanks!! have a great weekend... even though I'll be back checking in!!

I may have to add some music to my bloggy blog... may keep people awake at my place while they are visiting...

Yours didn't need anything but this is great!!:)

xoxoxoxox

Angie's Spot said...

Hilarious! Now, we see a whole other side of Rhea that I wasn't expecting! :-)

Anonymous said...

OK, those masks creep me out, man!! They remind me of clowns, which also creep me out! And OMG...I wanna puke just thinking about tequila!! BTDT...LOL But glad you had fun!

LiteralDan said...

Man, how come nobody invited me? I'll have to head down Mexico way and just starting cruising for weddings big enough for me to blend into.

CrystalChick said...

OH Rhea, you crazy wild tequila drinking woman you!!!
Oooh, look at those masks, how very 'eyes wide shut'!

I would LOVE a party like that. Okay, maybe with much less tequila. I'm good for like 1 or 2 glasses of wine. God, I'm getting old and borning.....

CrystalChick said...

borning??? And I didn't even have a shot. hehe

That's how boring I am, can't even spell it. LOL

Jen said...

Everyone should have a night that like that. I build character.

Heather said...

My favorite part of a wedding is the reception. It looks like such a fun party!

Trooper Thorn said...

I've got to get me one those wrasslin' masks. Then my life will turn around. You just watch!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That looks like a BLAST! Seriously, the idea of clowns and masks at a wedding is hilarious!

Love the last one of your homeboy! I bet he's proud!

angela | the painted house said...

Now that is a wedding from the cathedral to the after partay. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Tequila is SO not my friend since like 1994. Glad you had fun! That does look like quite a party!

John Deere Mom said...

Oh that looks like fun! Never been to a wedding in Mexico, but have been to many weddings that involved too much tequila...or as I call it after having too much...quetila. :)

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

You lush you. I don't drink. Well...not anymore anyway. I had a lot of fun in college. Watching Pee-Wee's playhouse while drinking tequila is quite fun. But...with my addictive personality...I knew I needed to move on. Now, if I could just give up sugar that easily...

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

And I lost my title Ah-gain. How is this possible?!

The CDM said...

Forgot to mention, Tequila is better to cook with than to drink.

My .02

The CDM said...

Also, wife+husband+tequila=child...squared?

miri68 said...

1 Tequila= friend, 3 Tequila= whooee!

Crazy Momma said...

Oh, I know those nights!

trublmaka said...

The 5th foto looks like some sort of ghostly spook-shot!!
Then again, maybe its cos wen I first looked at it it was very late at night and I was VERY tired! lol
Glad you had a good "grown-ups" night!
xo

Jules said...

Wow! That looks like fun! I have such a dull life compared to you!