Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Things You Shouldn't Do in a Meeting




I've sat through a lot of meetings/presentations during my time. 
Enough that I feel qualified to tell you 
what you should and shouldn't do in a meeting. 




Things you shouldn't do in a formal meeting:

Chew gum
suck on your pen
do your nails
have side conversations with other people
***Play with your phone***
Play with your hair
Wiggle in your chair.

 


It's all about respect. 
Someone is taking the time to share info with you, 
you need to respect them and give them your full attention.  



You SHOULD:

Make eye contact with the speaker
Sit up straight
Always have a pen and paper
Take notes


What's the most outrageous thing you've seen people do in a meeting?
Any suggestions to add to my list?




1 comment:

Alicia said...

We have monthly sales meetings via conference calls with our corporate office and another satellite office. We mute the phone but what bugs me is the eye-rolling of some of the other's in my office.

That's in bad taste. Even if you don't agree with what the speaker is saying, keep it to yourself! Don't let your negativity affect those that may get some good out of the meetings!

And I agree with all the items you've listed. We have one lady that loves to bring her nail file with her to these meetings. The grinding on her nails is infuriating!