Monday, November 21, 2011

The Eve of Tomorrow

Tonight there is rain, thunder and lightning.
Tonight I crawl into bed, tired, eyes itchy, head hurting.
Tonight my mind races, hoping I have done everything in preparation for tomorrow.

Phones are charging.
Game devices are charging.
Kindle is charging.
Books are packed.
Laptop in its case, so I can work remotely.

Because tomorrow, first thing, I have two family members scheduled for surgery.
And that, my friends, makes for a long and stressful day.

The surgeries aren't too serious or life threatening, but they aren't a walk in the park either.
And so as I climb into bed, into darkness with thunder in the background, I can't help but worry.
And hope we're all prepared. 




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck! It is stressful when only one person is getting surgery (big or small.

Momo Fali said...

I hope everything turned out fine.