Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Nothing


(from NASA.gov)


I'm sitting here trying to think of something to write...
and I've got nothing.

A
Big
Fat
Empty
Nothing.

That's the funk I've been in lately.

Sometimes I think there's a black hole inside of me, sucking every bit of confidence and creativity and desire...

Here's the definition of a Black Hole from NASA:

A black hole is a place in space where gravity pulls so much that even light can not get out. The gravity is so strong because matter has been squeezed into a tiny space. This can happen when a star is dying.

Because no light can get out, people can't see black holes. They are invisible. Space telescopes with special tools can help find black holes. The special tools can see how stars that are very close to black holes act differently than other stars. 



Every now and then this black hole shows up in my life.
It's hard to fight the gravity pulling me into it.
But I will.
I always do.


Why am I even trying to write anything?
Because I committed myself to NaBloWriMo,
to write a blog post every day in November.

So, do I sit down and just write something, anything, to fill the space and mark off a day?
Do I do it because I set a goal for myself and I need to achieve it?

Will writing this count?
What does it count for?
What does it mean?


That's the kind of mood I'm in tonight.

It's a nothing-kind-of-mood.


What goals do you set for yourself and how hard to you stick to them?
Do you ever end up in a Nothing Mood?


No comments: