Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Let the Caged Panda Sing




Pandas eat bamboo
but sometimes other things too.
Bet they make large poo.





When I go to Market Street, either to shop or meet someone for lunch,
I have to puruse the garden/floral department, inside and out.
 
I love their decorations.

One time, I found an angel locked in this very same cage.
And I thought perhaps someone was making a religious or spirtual statement?

Then, this last visit, I found a panda bear in the cage.
hmmm...
what could this mean?
A panda is often a symbol of China...
maybe they're making a political statement on communist China?!

Or maybe this is a sign from one spy to another.
to arrange a meeting...

I don't know.
I let my imagination wander.
and write a few panda haikus.  





Pandas do not fly
despite their best intentions,
no bird cage needed.




4 comments:

Dusty Dudley said...

How about this one:

I am a florist
What shall I put in this cage?
Ah, a panda bear


-Kael (not a florist)

Rhea said...

Love it! haha

Dusty Dudley said...

Thanks, heheh. By coincidence, I started knitting a tiny panda from a Mochimochi Land pattern. Unfortunately, since I only had a brown-green yarn handy and he does not yet have limbs or facial features, he looks more like an acorn. Maybe the floral department can add that to the cage somehow....

Sharlene T. said...

Adorable picture. Could be China is meant to be the focus (or the florist's subtext was to control commerce with China?) Whatever. It's adorable and obviously knows the way out... Come visit when you can (or, before they pop you in a cage!)