Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Anna the Mannequin goes on a Quest

So, this story began with yesterday's post,
where we met Anna & saw her fall in love with Prince Sergei.

But, alas, their love did not seem meant to be,
because Sergei was only allowed out during the Christmas season.

Anna was determined to wait for him,
because he was her first love,
and he loved her for who she was.



But as she contemplated facing the entire year without him,
she realized it was too much.
She couldn't wait that long to be with Sergei.

So she sought out the circle of wise women to help her.



Anna wanted to turn into a nutcracker princess, so she could remain with her prince.

The wise women conferred around their fire and came to a conclusion.

Anna needed to seek out the Supreme Rojo.
But, first, she had to deliver an Orb of Truth to the Icicle Pond of Clarity

And poof, a golden orb appeared in their fire.



The wise women also told Anna that she would have a Happiness Companion to guide her way.

She tucked the orb into her pocket and set off, following a map,
and soon met her Happiness guide,
a yellow lab named Bliss.



Bliss and Anna continued on their way until they ran into the Talkative Tortoise.
He wanted their golden Truth Orb, so he tried to talk them out of it.

He said, "In order to pass by me, you must answer this:

I was once a mannequin like you, but I fell in love with a tortoise, so I petitioned the Supreme Rojo to change my shape. He did, but soon after my love left me & know I'm stuck in this form.
Should I petition to be changed back?
Or should I remain the way I am?"



Anna thought about this for a while, then said, "You know what, Mr. Tortoise, it doesn't matter what form you have, its what inside that matters most. When you find someone who loves you no matter what, then that's what is most important, just like my Sergei."

The tortoise started crying and said, "I hope I find someone like your Sergei. Good luck, Anna, on your quest."

Not long after this, Anna started to hear beautiful music coming from the path ahead.



The music of angels. She couldn't help it. She had to dance. She was filled with joy and happiness.



The angels asked her to stay with them, to become one of them. To dance and make music forever.

Anna almost said yes, but she saw Bliss, her guide dog waiting paitently for her, and she remembered why she was on this quest.

"Thank you, beautiful angels, but I must decline. I'm off to find out how to stay with my Sergei forever."

The angels disappeared in a cloud of sparkles.


And in their spot was the Icicle Pond of Clarity.

She delicately placed her Golden Orb of Truth into the pond.



And wondered why she had to deliver the orb in the first place and what was the point of all of this?

And then she heard a mighty roar, and a huge dragon appeared.



Anna screamed and started to run away, but she saw Bliss wasn't moving, so she stopped.

The dragon said, "Who are you and what do you want?"

Anna replied, "I'm Anna Mannequin, and I'm searching for the Supreme Rojo so I can ask him to turn me in to a nutcracker princess so I can remain with my one true love Sergei forever."

The dragon snorted.

and turned into...



The Surpreme Rojo.

He smiled at Anna and thanked her for returning the golden orb to the Icicle Pond.

And she in turn implored him to change her into a nutcracker princess.




And his reply was...to be continued tomorrow.

Should he turn her into a Nutcracker Princess so she can remain with Prince Sergei forever?

Or should he deny her this chance at true love?

Or should he send her on a further quest to test her and make sure this is what she really wants?


21 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

Rhea- I LOVE this! You are great! I needed a pick me up this morning, and THIS was it!!

fabulous.

lynette355 said...

LOL your cracking up
Rhea, what are you doing all night long---dreaming the dreams of the demented???? No too sweet of a love story for that.
We are now waiting to see what Anna decides.

Unknown said...

The Supreme Rojo must send Anna on a further quest to determine her worthiness...he just has to because this is obviously giving you something to aleve your boredom...and is quite entertaining to boot...you are an absolute riot and I LOVE it!

Marlene

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

You need to write a book! This was great!

Turn her into the princess so she will know true love!

Kori said...

This is so much better than General Hospital any day.

Mama Dawg said...

Further quest, further quest! But for purely selfish reasons as I'm enjoying this! Linking part two, now!

Anonymous said...

WOW this is really getting interesting!

Pseudo said...

I love the why your creative mind works.

Jen said...

Oh this was awesome, I can't wait for tomorrow. Change her to the princess, I just love a happy ending.

Jennifer and Sandi said...

THis is so FUN! I love the way she is able to hold the orb!

- Jennifer

Lula! said...

You. Are. A. Genius.

Further quest, further quest!!!! That's my vote. I love a good adventure.

p.s. Why is Anna still naked?

Justine said...

Wow, this story is getting rather deep. You're good girl, damn good. I can't wait to see what happens with the Rojo dude.

Justine :o )

Swirl Girl said...

I am a realist - and as such...she should not be turned into the Nutcracker Princess ...she should go to college and learn how to make her own golden orbs , instead of praying to someone elses.

(bah-humbug?)

Trooper Thorn said...

It looks like it takes all kinds (just in case you were wondering what it took)

Trooper Thorn said...

Will we be seeing any Lego inspired characters?

Aunt Julie said...

Anna the Mannequin is soooooooooo graceful. She has very flexble joints, doesn't she? And soooooooooo many friends!

Momo Fali said...

Pardon me for saying so, but in that dancing picture it appears that Anna has a stick up her butt.

Marrdy said...

You are so funny and such a talent!! Thanks for the laugh.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Rhea...you are the Supreme Rojo!

And Anna should be true to herself. And not change anything about her wonderful, graceful, felible self. But find a way for Sergei to change for her if he wants to not be packed away...

Anna Lefler said...

Whoa, I love it!

Anna Mannequin dances a lot like I do, poor kid.

You left me hanging' on this - ack!

Merry Christmas!

XO

Anna

John Deere Mom said...

Only you could make me want to read more!!