Friday, December 19, 2008

Sucked In

I have a secret to share with you.

A secret addiction.
Ok, I admit it, one of many addictions.

I've finally found my green thumb.

For the last few weeks I've been tending to my own garden.

It's amazing.
I dig holes, bury the seeds, water them and watch it grow.
I can add fertilizer for bonus growth.
I've grown buttercups, daisies, turnips and pumpkins,
blackberry bushes, water lilies, apple trees and banana trees.
and many, many more.

And, I've learned what plants attract which animals.
taking the many required steps to tame the wild animals and let them live in my garden.

I have bees that produce honey in my honey hive.
I have sheep that produce wool and cows milk.

I pay helpers to come work for me.

I build houses for the animals, so they can romance and make babies.

Now I have a mine, with diggers who find treasures.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about,
then you need to get on board quickly.

This game is the best I have ever played.

Viva Pinata!

We discovered it two years ago and played it all the time.



and then this fall the newest version came out,
so the boys and I have been sucked back in again.



We play together, each having our own gardens.
We share money, so we have to balance out who spends what and who works on making more money for the collective.
We all work together at attracting the hard-to-get animals
and figuring out how to keep them.



You can put up decorative accents in your garden, fences and such.
and there are lots of secret ways to do things that you have to figure out.

And you have to be creative about keeping the bad guys out of your garden.
They're called Ruffians, and they like to destroy things.

And then there are the sour pinatas you have to turn good.





It's a game for all ages and all types.
The boys and I have a blast playing it.
It's seriously addictive.
We've been sucked in.

And it's the only place I don't seem to kill plants.

29 comments:

Twisted Fencepost said...

For a minute there I thought you had a farm going on down there in
Texas.
My son also has both games.
He's sucked in, too!

Unknown said...

Hey Rhea! I have missed you so! i too, am a closet Viva Fanatic. I played for 6 hours straight one day...no, really. I haven't played Trouble in Paradise yet, but I am sure that it will be just as fun.

Thanks for sharing your passion and rest assured you are not alone!

Marlene

Kori said...

Oh the boys would love this. WOnder if they have it for Wii. I'll have to check into that sometime. Have a great Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun game. So do you play when the boys are at school?

Mama Dawg said...

That looks so cool! I wish we had an xbox! We just have a DS.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Wow. For a minute I thought you learned how to speak plant. But then you said you grew trees. And had bees. I was getting suspicious :-)

I have never heard of this game. But then again...we don't have an xbox. Santa is bringing a wii...I wonder if they have one for it. Is it easy enough for Remy to play? Cause Madalyn gets really frustrated with some of her DS games...

Laurel said...

Really - I'm sure there are groups for this:). Sounds fun!

Beth said...

Sigh. I should have purchased the Xbox instead of the GameCube a few years ago.

GameCube doesn't have all of the fun games like that. It's almost like freaking Atari now. All in an effort to save money and appease my little video game thirsting child.

Now, I am kicking myself. And of course, now he wants a Wii.

Well, join the club kiddo. It'll be an actual snowy day in Springfield, MO before you get one of those.

Heh. Watch it actually SNOW.
Good gravy.

Pseudo said...

I totally thought you were for real in the beginning. The game looks cool though.

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Thanks for sharing! I was wondering what this was all about and if Ash would like it!

KimmyJ said...

Girl, I probably wouldn't even have a virtual green thumb. I am a plant murderer!

Anonymous said...

I so need to grown a green thumb. haha.

Anonymous said...

That looks like such a cool game! We don't have any game consoles here, sigh. I was going to get on for Christmas, but we've downsized everything. Maybe Santa will bring one, heh.

You have a bee hive?? Coooooool...

Live.Love.Eat said...

Tristan hasn't gotten into that one just yet.

Jen said...

I was so confused, like how are you gardening now? But I get it now. Those games. I have been taken by one or 2 as well.

The Happy Mom said...

I'll have to try that game, I thought you were for real in the beginning, too, and I was getting jealous because I kill fake plants. When people come to my house I tell them "brown is the new green!" so this game looks perfect for me, LOL! :)

Tiffany said...

Girl. You crack me up. Another addiction? AHHHH, I can't do it!

Teri said...

What a lovely garden you have!

lynette355 said...

How funny this is. I don't have a green thumb but my Mom does. So it is good to have her living with me. Tee Hee Hee. Games are enjoyable but totally addictive. ENJOY

Rudee said...

Well that sounds like fun. I'm so ancient, I recall buying my kids an Atari! Only thing we could do with that was kill alien ships. I had serious fling with Donkey Kong too.

Britt said...

And here I was thinking, "How the heck do you have the time to blog and do all that?" LOL =-)

Shonda Little said...

I didn't realize there were things that grew during this time of year in Texas. That's cool. I always keep a summer garden.

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Wow! Those colors are so vibrant. Probably even more so on a real live screen!

Scary Mommy said...

Oh, my gosh-- that looks amazing! I serious;y haven't played a video game since the late 80s-- I think I would flip out.

Scary Mommy said...

(I totally dated myself by calling them video games, huh?!)

sassy stephanie said...

That looks like fun, even just in the pics.

Swirl Girl said...

You had me there for a moment...wondering where you had a garden and a bee hive in Texas!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That's the kind of gardening I might be successful at! That's pretty cute.

Hope4Grace said...

Oh man, I kill everything I touch, plant wise. My plastic plants aren't even looking good!

Otherwise, we are finally joining the world of electronic gaming. The 10 year old has pushed me into modern times. First came a tv, then a dvd and now, a nintendo DS. What next? Cable.....geez.