Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Pause




This time of year, from Thanksgiving to Christmas to New Year's, is an important time of year.
We're so busy and on the go;
partying, wrapping, contacting loved ones.

It's the time of year we send holiday cards to those who are dear to us.
The time of year we give gifts to those we love.
It's the time of year we enjoy life to the fullest with good food and parties.
A time to let go, have fun, and enjoy life to the fullest, while most worries are put on hold.

And it's important to take a moment during this time.

To appreciate what's important.




What IS important, Rhea?

Why, dear reader, I'm so glad you asked.






To me, what's important beyond all else, is family and friends

and figuring out my place in this world.

Helping my boys get a good start on their life,
and finding the way to make the most of mine.


Today is my moment to pause, to take stock of my life, to plan ahead, and to make decisions.

And I plan to take on the New Year head on.

with my family.
with my plan.


Bring it on, 2009, bring it on.


Tomorrow I will hit the "play" button with purpose.







26 comments:

Mama Dawg said...

Happy New Year, Rhea! I can't wait to see how life pans out for you in 2009!

Here's to hopefully meeting you soon!

KimmyJ said...

Whew! Thanks, I needed a pause!! Happy New Year to you and your sweet boys!

Kori said...

Lovely Post.

Happy New Year Rhea!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Happy New Year, Rhea!!
I hope all your dreams and wishes come true in 2009!

Unknown said...

Hapy New year Rhea!! I hope 2009 blows your mind (in a good way of course)

lynette355 said...

focus hard on your family
focus with all your heart on you
then let the rest of the world blurr away
happy new year Rhea
you have been trying hard to make life work now is time to just enjoy who you are
and let your boys grow into the men they are becoming

Anonymous said...

That's a sweet post. I love it.

Unknown said...

Great post, Rhea.

Here's hoping that you and yours have a wonderful New Year and that all your dreams come true.

Momo Fali said...

Happy New Year! Wishing you a wonderful 2009. It sounds like you're well on your way and you have the right attitude!

Pseudo said...

I love the way the photos parallel the words.

Happy New Year Rhea!

Anonymous said...

You said it darlin!

Ritch in Love said...

You have great perspective! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Rhea - you rock! GO GIRL, and look out 2009.

Valarie Lea said...

Yep tomorrow is a new day! :)

the mama bird diaries said...

happy new year rhea!!

Shannon said...

"Tomorrow I will hit the "play" button with purpose."


I. LOVE. THAT.



Happy 2009 to you!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I just want to know that I can press pause at will. That would be cool. Cause after my night...I am not ready for what is coming :-)

Jeff B said...

And a very Happy New Year to you as well.

Ready. . . set. . . GO!

Swirl Girl said...

What a lovely post.

Happiest of 2009 for you and your family!

Mariah said...

seriously, bring it on 2009!!

It's Me said...

Happy New Year, Rhea and family!!

Aunt Julie said...

Love the metaphor of the "play" button! Here's to you and yours having the Happiest of New Years!

Justine said...

You sound like one determined woman! Whatever you do, I'm behind you 100%!!!!!! Happy new year!

Justine :o )

Jen said...

You are so right. I really need to find that pause button. I seem to be running in fast forward.

Tammigirl said...

May the new year make dreams you didn't even know you had all come true.

Britt said...

I generally don't like odd numbers .. and odd number years usually feel off to me. But I think this one is going to be great!

Happy 2009, Rhea!