Thursday, December 18, 2008

Return to Sender

Yesterday I received a piece of mail that boggled my mind.
No, not the awesome Secret Santa package, that was GREAT!
Thanks again, Kori for organizing and Hollie for sending me my gift.

Nope, I received a letter
FROM someone in Georgia
TO someone in Connecticut...
that somehow ended up here in Texas.

Baffling.

Scary.

Incompetent?

Anyway, it gave me an idea.

It'd be so fun to have a reality show called Return to Sender,
where we stick a miniature person in a package or two or three...
and see where they end up
and what they go through.

No?
No miniature people willing?
What about an oompah loompah?

Ok, let's try this.

I'll sacrifice for the good of my new show and send my kids.
Because, frankly, although they're cute and adorable,
things haven't been the same since the corn field visit,
(and you know what that means!).

So, here they are, innocent little sweeties suckers,
where I tell them to climb into the "fun truck" to "play."



Oops, looks like Annie joined them.
Oh, well, casualty of war, I guess.




They start to get bored, while I search secretly for the keys to lock them in.



Wait, wait, Remy, where are you going?
Don't get out!
There will be pizza...and, and candy inside there in a minute!





Annie is concerned about where her boy has gone.
He'll be right back Annie, he wanted his shoes.
He'll probably need them where he's going.




See Annie shake paw/hand?!
Isn't she smart?!
I'll miss her.



This is where I tell them to wave at me for the picture.
They do it (because I have them so well trained)
but then ask, "Why?"

And this is where I laugh like a maniac as I slam the door shut,
saying, "Good-bye, suckas!"




They were cute for a while, but I've decided to send them away.

Then my husband comes out of the house to tell me he needs the U-Haul truck to get his desk from storage, and I have to let them out.

Darnit.


29 comments:

Twisted Fencepost said...

Why is it the guys alwasy have to spoil our fun???!!!

lynette355 said...

lol can i add my 5 dogs 3 cats & hubby?

All Things BD said...

Your boys seem pretty wily. I bet they would have broken out of there anyway.

Lula! said...

I love that you labeled this post as, "Cracked, Just Kidding, Kids, and LIES!"

Lies.

You are hysterical, Rhea. Oh my head...

Momma Trish said...

Fabulous!! Is there room in there for a small screamy baby? He's almost 7 months old, and teething. I could gleefully donate him for your experiment. He's enough of a "miniature person", I think.

KimmyJ said...

Hehe! That dof of yours is precious, I love how she is looking for Remy when he leaves.

Pseudo said...

Wish I could throw my border collie in to play with Annie.

Travel channel featured Austin last night on that show with the guy who takes on food challenges. He went to Juan's tacos and a place tha tmkes a "burger from hell." Thought of you while we were watching it.

Anonymous said...

Awww, but how can you send away such cuteness?? LOL

Kori said...

Can my two join them. Can you tell the driver to stop in Alabama please.

Mama Dawg said...

Instead of my kid, can I pack away some of my co-workers?

Valarie Lea said...

Hahaha!

I was wondering about the shoe issue, I mean you could at least send them out into the world with some shoes on. There is no telling where they will end up. :)

Karen said...

Send 'em this way. We will enjoy them and send them back when you've had a good break. Though you might want to send them UPS since the postal service is so unreliable. :)

Ashley said...

Awww... So Close!

Jennifer and Sandi said...

Hahhahaha Fun. Do they come with clothing?

Your Funny!!

- Jennifer

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

I'd like to send mine too please....

SOON.

Britt said...

You are cracked..

Cause I'd leave the kids at home and jump in the truck myself =o) lol

Hilarious, lady!

Jen said...

Aw Shucks, it was suck a good plan.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hah. Cute. I was anxiously awaiting to see what the uhaul was really for. And secretly hoping you weren't really sending them off :)

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

LOL!!!!!! If you ever complete the mission, send the U-Haul to my house... I got two more I'd be willing to "share" on that fantabulous show!!!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Wait, wait...I wanna get locked in the back. I need a few hours of peace and quite. And darkness. A nap sounds like bliss.

Because do you know where I am going? Katie's piano teacher decided to have a kids only recital tonight. From 5:30 - 6:15. yes. It's ending at rush hour. I'll be stuck in her driveway for hours. And it looks like Mickey Ds in the car again for dinner. Crud...

Anonymous said...

So close! Remy would totally McGuyver his way out, though. Heh.

Tracy said...

LOL, I am crazy ... I opened the box of what I thought was ornaments I noticed the little swirly things and kind of thought hummmmmm, I guess I was so excited with everything I didn't even read the box. Either way I love them.....Thanks again so much for everything. :-)

It's Me said...

there's just something about running freely in an empty u-haul!!!

the mama bird diaries said...

I am always shocked that any mail gets to the right location. i mean, you just put in a box and magically it's in Kansas or something.

Justine said...

Well, you gave it a really good try anyway. And let's face it... you really would have missed Annie.

Justine :o )

Momo Fali said...

Darn. I really thought you were on to something.

Linda said...

Don't abandon this idea ... I bet some network would pick it up. And I bet you'd never be at a loss for contestants. I know a few I could "volunteer".

Captain Dumbass said...

It was a good try.

Mariah said...

Can I squeeze myself in there with them? PLEASE!!!