Sunday, April 12, 2009

Egg Heads taking on Reindeer



The Easter Bunny needs to fire whoever currently does his PR,
because Santa Claus totally has him beat out.

Easter has the potential to be as big as Christmas, honestly.


Which sounds more appealing to you,
a jolly fat man in a red suit who sneaks in your house and eats your cookies?
Or a big furry bunny that poops eggs with surprises in them around your yard?



I think part of the secret lies in the music.
Christmas has a ton of great songs ties to it.
So, we need to come up with a bunch of Easter Songs.

How about:

We Wish you a Happy Easter (to the tune of We Wish you a Merry Christmas)

Randolph the Red-Spotted Rabbit (to the tune of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer)



Santa's got sidekicks too. Elves, reindeer, etc.
So, our Easter Bunny needs sidekicks.

How about Egg Heads?
Little walking/talking eggs with faces, hands and feet, all brightly colored?

And, Easter needs to ditch the pastels.
If it wants to compete with Christmas, it needs bold, jewel-tones.

And I'd love to see those Egg Heads take on the Reindeer.

Any suggestions on how Easter could compete with Christmas?


13 comments:

Screwed Up Texan said...

We always sang during Eastertime: "Little Bunny Phoo Phoo hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and bopping on the head. Down came the Good Fairy and this is what she said: Little Bunny Phoo Phoo I dont like your attitude, picking up the field mice and bopping them on the head!"

Crystal Renee said...

Love it.. and I was actually singing the We Wish you A Happy Easter to that beat here.. lol!

Thanks for stopping by!

Cristin said...

Easter isn't a big deal with us... I could just skip it and be hoppy....er happy....

;)

Unknown said...

We ought to bring back the Easter Bonnet parade :-)

Just think of all the wondeful , creative hats you'd see !!

Nikki Cogg said...

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I love SITS, too. I've only been blogging for a few weeks but I love it! Your egg picture is gorgeous, I wish our dyed eggs turned out like that! In our family, Easter kind of IS like Christmas! The Easter baskets we recieve definitely rival our awesome Christmas stockings. And my family hides MONEY and gift certificates in the eggs so the big people can enjoy the egg hunt too! (PS- check out Supernatural- it's on WGN on Thursday nights at 8pm central time.. it's WORTH it to see those boys)
Haha thanks again, and I hope you and your family had a great Easter!

The Blonde Duck said...

Bring eggs stuffed with toys!

Renee said...

Thanks for stopping by! I really love the SITS. They are all so nice! It's great to meet new people!

Justine said...

No, but I do have one other suggestions. Get professional help!!!!!!
LOL

Justine :o )

Jen said...

you are so right on, Easter needs to step it up.

Christy said...

Are those your eggs? As in--YOU made them? Please tell me those aren't your eggs! I'm already feeling tremendously guilty for not dyeing eggs w/my kids this year and those are just too perfect!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Well...there are lots of Easter hymns. But I don't think that they are part of the popular vernacular.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I think yer onto something!

Mama Dawg said...

Let the parents get Easter baskets. I'd totally sing Easter's praises (no pun intended) at the top of my lungs if someone would give me an Easter basket.