Thursday, April 23, 2009

Grace Redefined


Some people, when they walk, they glide.
They float on air.
They look like they're dancing.





Not me.
Nope.

Yesterday, in Starbucks, I did the slow motion trip.

Not only did I trip on myself...
I did a double-trip, almost falling flat on my face
but managed to recover only to trip again splashing my drink
but not dropping it.
It was graceful alright.
In a buffoon, comedic way.






Remember when I had to sing for my Starbucks?


Then I managed to shut my finger in a drawer at work.
My own drawer.
My finger.

Then later the same day, I managed to shut my shirt in the drawer,
so that I ended up all hunched over and stuck.

I'm graceful, I tell ya...

And then, at Target, I was trying on necklaces for fun...
the same day...
and managed to get the clasp of one stuck in my frizzy mop curls.

A few curses and minus a few strands a hair later...I got it unstuck.

I'm a walking definition of grace redefined.

15 comments:

Teri said...

I always have mysterious bruises all over my body from bumping into yet another thing that I don't even remember bumping into. And I always seem to pick just the right moment to almost fall on my face when going for my walk...just as a car of teenagers is driving by. Good times.

Screwed Up Texan said...

My brother waddles like a duck. Feel blessed you dont have a duck butt. I'm just sayin'.

Love the last sentence: "I'm a walking definition of grace redefined."

Justine said...

Heeheehee! I would have paid to see your double trip!

Justine :o )

Unknown said...

LOL !!!

I hear ya !!!

I'm also the same walking definition..

My bruises have bruises and I haven't a clue where I got them from...

beth said...

so sorry to hear you had such a bad day, it really makes for som funny reading though! thanks!

Susie said...

I used to be graceful until my center of gravity changed:-)

Cristin said...

I'm a total klutz too... when I was a kid, my sisters all had wooden clogs... I wasn't allowed cause mom said I'd break my ankle.. I was pissed... but she was right... I would have broken both legs...

All Things BD said...

My dad used to work for the LA Times, and one day he shut his tie into his desk drawer. He went to stand up, and immediately whomped his head back down onto the desk, recoiled so hard that he did it AGAIN. Funniest thing ever, from my perspective of course.

Mama Dawg said...

I trip on air all the time. ALL THE TIME!

Shannon said...

Sheesh! Were you trying to go for some record?!

And I think about you singing for your Starbucks every single time I go there myself!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I regularly close my hair in the door of my car. And I always get it tangled in my sunglasses.

I am talented that way, too...

I suppose that is why I gave Grace as a middle name to my girls. They are living up to the moniker. Poor girls!

Angie's Spot said...

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one. :-)

Sally-Ann said...

Don't worry, tomorrow is another day! My father -in-law regularly walks into glass doors.

Rita Barakat said...

Hilarious! Great stuff! Glad I'm not the only one!LOL! Thanks for stopping by my blog and welcoming me sistas!

Anonymous said...

Hi
buy meridia
You should always purchase a certified meridia drug, so that to protect yourself from the adverse impact which might uncertified Meridia drugs may cause.
[url=http://www.mycoolgroup.com/]buy meridia[/url]
It might cause a serious harm.
http://www.mycoolgroup.com/ - meridia pills
So be sure that which drug you need to consume.