Sunday, January 25, 2009

Someone started a rumor about me.

Monogram Chick gave me an award.






Here are the rules.......

1. Choose...blah, blah, blah...brilliant in content or design

2. Show the...blah,blah, blah...can keep the nifty icon.

3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself




***************************



1. From a young age, I've had a fake name picked out in case I need to go into hiding. Does this make me paranoid?

2. When I was a teenager, I threw up on someone...in a rather awkward situation. Or should I saw a compromising situation? That's all I'm sayin'. Gingela knows the truth, as I confessed in her comments. She is NEVER allowed to tell what happened. (Ok, I just read her comment section where I confessed and she had a million comments. I'm so embarrassed!)

3. I spent most of my second pregnancy on bed rest. It was torture.

4. I've been inside a psychiatric hospital. But not as a patient.

5. I ordered beautiful earrings from Mama Dawg's Light of Her Life (her adorable ten year old).

6. I've fallen through a glass door before and severed most of the tendons in my right hand. I went through surgery and rehab and can now use that hand again. It has a big scar that's mostly faded now.

7. I work part time as a blog contributor for UpTake. I'm trying to make my boring attraction posts over there more exciting! Want to read about Texas' most famous whorehouse? Or read ten reaons why you shouldn't move to Austin? I love extra comments over there if you have the time.

Vacations

8. In high school, I took an after-school photography course, and we went on a field trip to a junk yard. It was so cool. Normally I would insert a crazy, half-true story here, but I'm trying to stay honest, so I won't. Darn rules.

9. One of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my life was tell my parents I was pregnant. I was nineteen and totally freaked out.

10. In my profile picture, I'm wearing a pink cowgirl hat. When I was in high school I participated in rodeos, and at the Houston Rodeo one year, as I was riding barrels, the hat flew off into the crowd. The person who caught it found me afterward to return it, and you'll never guess who it was?! It was Brad Pitt. OK, I'm lying. I have a hard time telling the truth when I write. I'm a writer. I lie for a living. I can't help it...


Thanks for the award, Monogram Chick!

Monogram Chick

I love your online store.
And I really love the car decal you made for me.


I now present this award to:

All Things BD - She has a very dry sense of humor

Tiney's Froggy Bloggy - She always cracks me up

BedsideTalesMan - He's hot and hilarious


So, what was your favorite thing I shared today?
Any subject you want to hear more about (except #2)?


19 comments:

Sally-Ann said...

Darn, I was going to ask you to tell more about #2 - guess I will just have to zip on over to Gingela's blog and find out for myself!!
I actually enjoyed reading about all your "honest" things. We actually have 2 in common - 3 & 4.

John Deere Mom said...

Wow! I loved reading your 10 things. I always have a hard time coming up with new things to share...but those are some kind of interesting!! I need to know more about #4 please.

Coachdad said...

My last post I talked about how I threw up on someone...those who were there never let me forget it. Congrats on the awards.

Indy said...

For some reason I wanted to read more about your best rest. Why were you on it and how did it all happen?

Pseudo said...

#6 scared the hell out of me. Glass door? Ripped tendons? You poor thing.

But I liked #10, picturing you in the rodeo, pink hat flying. I had a horse in my teens and for awhile I rode barrel racing. Nothing as big as a rodeo, just local stuff. My horse was a speckled grey arabian and could swing around those barrels like nobody's business. I always took first and pissed off the kids on their quarter horses.

Justine said...

Oh, I definitely want to hear more about #2, but I can already guess you were giving a blow job. GROSS! The other part, not necessarily the blow job. LOL
I don't have to do this one! Neener neener! I've already done itttttttttt! Neener neener!
Okay, ouch on going through the glass. Idiot.
I'd love to have MY decal dammit!

Justine :o )

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Love the "true" facts...especially brad pitt.

The glass door thing sounds interesting...how did you fall through it?

Rick said...

Haven't we all had those "throw up" situations. There's not a one that's not compromising.

I enjoyed reading your post.

Keep those confessions coming.

Live.Love.Eat said...

I am going to scour all of Gingela's comments to find out what happened :)

Sprite's Keeper said...

I was gonna ask about #2, but then I figured it out when I scanned the other comments. Bwa! (been there..)

Rachel Ann said...

Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day last week...I feel so loved and overwhelmed with all the comments! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond back!

I love your header and I love fact #1...nope, doesn't make me think you are paranoid...just prepared!

Captain Dumbass said...

You're not paranoid. Just like escaping from a house fire, I think it's important to have a plan for being on the run, disposing a body and hiding large sums of money. You never know.

All Things BD said...

Why, thank you little lady! I'll have to start working on my list now. Hmm, just how HONEST are we talking here??? Although, if you can say you threw up on someone in a compromising position, I suppose I can share just about anything...

Aunt Julie said...

I'd love to hear more about the barrel racing. I've got a friend from the Panhandle who was Rodeo Queen two years running.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliment....and THANK YOU for tagging me.

Been tagged by a few people and am considering responding in an unpresidented way...or saying F it. dunno yet.

Jen said...

I can't possibly pick just one of the facts, I like them all.

Mama Dawg said...

Of course, you know my favorite one! LOL!

Misty DawnS said...

Dude! I was totally ready to go into hiding too!!! Does that make us both paranoid???

Erika Jean said...

i want to know how/why you went through a glass door?!