Friday, December 21, 2012

When the Pharmacy Screws Up

Yesterday I picked up my 10-year-old son's medication from our local pharmacy.

He's taken this medicine before, so I was immediately suspicious when I opened the bottle and the medicine inside looked totally different. But, I rationalized that maybe it was just a generic or some other form of the same meds ... until I checked the description on the pill bottle, and it clearly didn't match the pills inside.





See where it says "Round White Tablet" ... and see how the pills are oblong, red and white?!

I took the medication back to the Pharmacy, and they confirmed that yes, they had messed up, and the medicine they gave me was NOT in fact the medication that was supposed to be in the bottle!

Holy Crap.

That's a HUGE mistake.

They apologized, refunded the copay (which was under $3), and gave me a $20 gift card.
And they escaped a potential lawsuit


How often does this happen?!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stephanie said...

Good thing you were paying attention. Way to go, girl!

Holly Meehleis said...

That's REALLY scary, Rhea. I'm glad you thought to check the bottle! I guess all's well that ends well...

Unknown said...

Wow. That's just scarey! As are the number of times this post has been spammed.