Friday, December 14, 2012

The Joys of Parenting: Part 53 (warning, graphic material)

One of the joys of parenting is ...
never knowing when your child is going to end up injured.
 It could happen at any moment.
When you least expect it.


As the mother of two boys,
who in the last year have both had appendixes removed,
one had 2 knee surgeries,
the other a long hospital stay and a gallbladder removed...
 not to mention the myriad of other tumbles, bruises and injuries...
I feel like I've seen it all.


Until yesterday, when my teenager texted me a photo.
Just a photo, no message.
This photo:



 


*cue mom panic attack*

I freaked out.

He had an unfortunate encounter with some Astro Turf.

Sigh.


This parenting gig is rough.

 Any unexpected parenting joys in your house lately?



 

No comments: