Friday, December 7, 2012

Mysterious Flash in Texas

This morning, I witnessed a mysterious flash across the North Texas sky.
(I can't tell you how badly I wished I'd gotten a picture of it.)

Let me set the scene for you.

It was around 6:30am.
Still dark.
I was pulling out of the high school parking lot,
having just dropped off my teenage son for early morning football practice.
 My younger son had fallen back asleep in the back seat.
The dog was waiting for me to put down the passenger window for her.
Did I mention it was still dark outside?

And then, I saw it.
A mysterious flash
It was greenish, and it looked like something falling from the sky
but it just disappeared before after a few seconds of falling.
I blinked.
Kept looking.
Saw nothing else.
Had a conversation with myself about what I saw.

It kind of looked like a shooting star ... or a meteorite?
A comet?
Aliens?

 I KNOW I saw something.
And by the time I made it to work, hours later,
I had confirmation that I wasn't the only one who saw it.

Apparently people all over Texas saw it this morning.
Crazy, right?!

I've mentioned aliens before on this blog,
and I'm usually the first one to bring up aliens,
but I'm pretty sure this wasn't aliens.

I'm leaning towards a meteorite.
My FIRST!

Have you seen mysterious flashes before? 
Have you seen shooting stars or meteorites? 
Aliens?



 

No comments: