Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Interview with a 4-year-old.

This is Princess Dorothy (because she loves dressing up like a princess and she loves dressing up like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz). She just turned 4 years old, and this interview was very challenging.


Let's start out easy. What's your favorite food?
Chicken nuggets. french fries. hair. earrings. (Ok, Princess Dorothy, you're being silly.)

What's your favorite thing to do with friends?
Dress up. And, putting cell phones on our faces (Princess Dorothy, you don't put cell phones on your faces.) Yes, we do. (Ok, then, next question.)

What do you want to be when you grow up?
Sleeping Beauty. (hehe) Or a chef. (I had no idea she even knew the word chef or what it meant!)

What's your favorite TV show?
Ni Hao, Kai-lan and Backyardigans. These are both shows on Nick Jr. that I have watched oer and over and over again with her. I could sing the theme songs no problem.) Look Miss Rhea, I'm upside down! (Princess Dorothy, please be careful!)

What's your favorite thing to do with your family?
Painting pictures. Miss Rhea, I'm hanging upside down!

You are sad when?
Bugs. I don't like bugs, Miss Rhea.

You are happy when?
When I get flowers...(she grins mischieviously)...and when I get a bear. (A bear? Why a bear?) Because they growl. (ok. Of course...)

If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
Purple. Lions, tigers and bears. (Ok, I think this interview is over.)

Miss Rhea, will you be tickle monster again?

14 comments:

CrystalChick said...

OH well, my wishes would be for everything to be purple! LOL
Aren't 4 year old girls so sweet and funny! LOL

Andrea said...

Cute ideas! It will be funny to compare their answers, say...5 years from now.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

That's my house each and every day. And my children. Even now. Ask a question and get a very bizarre answer. Ahhh...good times :-)

tearese said...

An interview with my two year old would probably sound very similar..she's very smart but likes to be silly!

crazy4danes said...

How cute! What a great idea... :D

Lady in red said...

she sounds like a lot of fun to be around.

I have just posted the same interview with my four boys comparing their different answers

there is one answer there that I just know will get you very excited

Utter Basketcase said...

She's precious!!!!! xx

KG said...

Ok, that's hilarious. Purple? I wonder purple what? Maybe purple hair to eat . . . or a purple cell phone to put on her face?

Rhea said...

Crystal Chick - 4 yr old girls are adorable. I enjoy her because my house is all boys.

Andrea - Thanks! I agree, comparing their answers in five years will be very interesting.

Kat - LOL I love kids' bizarre answers, but it can make getting info very frustrating.

Tearese - Little kids LOVE to be silly, I agree, and Princess D is very smart. She was being a total ham.

Crazy4Danes - Thanks! I thought it was a good idea, and I think I could have done better with it if I'd come up with better questions, but my brain wasn't feeling so creative at the time. I have a feeling I'll be doing more of this kind of thing.

Lady in Red - Princess D is a lot of fun...challenging at times, but a lot of fun! very different from my boys. I'll come check out your post, I can't wait!!

Giggle - Thanks! She is precious.

Law Student Hot Mama - Purple anything, apparently. She is so goofy. She loves the color pink...everything she owns is pink.

Thanks everyone for commenting!!

Valarie Lea said...

I love to hear little kids talk. They are so cute.

Chatterness said...

Ohhhhhhhhh......so precious...purple lions, eh?

Indy said...

What a great keepsake they will have! I love answers that kids give. Great idea.

Rhea said...

Valarie, Chatti Patti and Indy, thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! I had a crazy day and am just getting to the Internet.

I need to come up with even better questions next time. I have a feeling this will be a reoccurring feature! :o)

Angie's Spot said...

This is adorable! I totally need to do this with my fast-approaching 4 yr old. Thanks for the inspiration!