Sunday, April 20, 2008

Book, line and sinker


I've been tagged by Anita Loughrey to do a meme. I'm supposed to pick up the book nearest me, go to page 123, find the fifth sentence and then type and post the next three sentences after the fifth one. I think. It seemed slightly complicated!! Then I'm supposed to tag five people. fun fun, so here we go.


The nearest book to me is D'Aulaires' Book Of Greek Myths, a greek mythology book I had when I was younger, and one I bought for my kids. My 11 year old and I read it every night before bed until we finished it, and now he's doing a research paper on one of the gods for school. So, the book is next to the computer due to his research.


Now, on page 123 is a story about Athena (goddess of wisdom, war, the arts, industry, justice and skill, favorite daughter of Zeus). Here are the three sentences:


In disgust she (Athena) threw the flute down to earth and put a curse on it.


Marsyas, a satyr who was capering about in the Phrygian woods, found the flute and began to play on it. When he discovered he could play two melodies at the same time, he was wild with joy.
Ok, now that's taken care of. I tag:
Kat at Sunshine and Lemonade, because I bet she's reading something fun.
Crystal Chick at Mary Says...because she's so chatty.
Jules at Just Because because she gave me my first award.
VBF at Motivationless because she is a LOST fan and my only friend Down Under.
Kim at Poppin's Ponderings because I'm interested to know what she's reading.

8 comments:

CrystalChick said...

Yay! I love memes so I'll do it. :)

Utter Basketcase said...

What a FREAKEN cool meme!!! I LOVE memes!!! I'll definately do it!!!

But right now... I'm having a ruptured cyst on my ovary ffs so I've got to get to the hospital for some morphine yummmmm! :-)

LOL is fricking painful!!!

Be back later to do the meme! :-) xx

david mcmahon said...

By Zeus, I have to say that Greek mythology was a big part of my childhood education.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Another meme?! I'd love to. Because I love memes. And being tagged. But I have no idea as to who I'll tag this time. Now I have to figure out what book is closest.

Anonymous said...

MeMeMeMeMe.....memes are fun. :-) I did it!

Rhea said...

Crystal Chick - oh, good, I'm glad you don't mind doing it.

VBF - Oh, no!! I'm so sorry you're in pain...but morphine, that's better than getting "pissed" any day, right?

David - I'm a huge mythology fan, and so are my children. I loved it as a child. I wear an ancient Roman coin around my neck from like 300 B.C. that has Helios on it and Romulus and Remus. :o)

Kat - Thanks for being a good sport!

Kim - I'll head over to see it. Thanks for doing it!!

Jules said...

Hi Rhea
Thanks for thinking of me.........blows kisses...... I'll get right on it. :)

Rhea said...

Jules - Thanks! blowing kisses right back at ya!