Sunday, April 13, 2008

Can't catch a break, even in my dreams.

I had a dream the other night where I was running through a warehouse...a scary, abandoned warehouse full of people shooting at each other. I was caught in the middle of gang warfare of some sort. I remember trying to hide behind walls as bullets whizzed past and climbing the rafters to get out of the line of fire. It was a stressful dream, so say the least.

And, I ended up getting shot. Don't worry, not fatally, but a leg wound. I kept waiting for my husband to save me but I couldn't find him. I think I had to save myself. Wonder what that means? Freud would have a field day.

BTW, I don't like gang movies or violent movies, so this dream was pretty strange.

It reminds me of something that I did back in high school though. Being a little bit of a prankster (as long as it didn't involve rattlesnakes!), I was with my friend and we had just parked in the driveway of my family's house, a nice, safe neighborhood in Austin. We got out of the car, carrying various things, can't remember what, and were walking inside, when all of the blue, I yelled, "Drive by shooting!" and dropped to the ground.

My poor friend dropped everything she was carrying and dropped to the ground also. I was very impressed with her reflexes. I think she was pretty irritated with my little joke, but it was fun at the time (and she laughed about it later, a very good sport). I don't usually go around pulling stuff like that, not sure why I did, now that I think about it.

This has all been rather random, but I shared a dream and a memory, so that's something, right? I read somewhere that chocolate before bed can cause night terrors...or very interesting dreams.

13 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

Are you sure you haven't been watching any cop shows lately?

You sound like you were a bit of a stinker growing up. :)

Rhea said...

No cop shows lately. Lots of House, so I'm suprised I didn't dream of getting exotic diseases...although House has a bum leg and does get shot in one episode...

I wasn't really a stinker...not really. Not too bad of one... :o)

moosh in indy. said...

I had a dream I was in a golf lingerie fashion show today.
I don't golf.
I don't, well, you know.
I blame it on the chocolate too.

Anonymous said...

My son told me he had a dream the other day in which a bunch of porcupines were laying down in the middle of the road and he was trying to drive to California. He drove over the porcupines but, because they are porcupines, they popped the tires and he couldn't get to CA! What kind of a dream is that for a 6 year old? LOL!

CrystalChick said...

Chocolate... GOOD. Chocolate in the morning... GOOD. Chocolate with lunch... GOOD. Chocolate after dinner... GOOD.
If you wake up from a nightmare make some warm milk and put a little chocolate in there... it's GOOOOODDDD. :)

Josephine Damian said...

I'm with Crystal! It's cheese late at night that causes bad dreams.

OHmommy said...

Hmmmmm.... I can blaim chocolate. :)

Rhea said...

Moosh in Indy - a GOLF lingerie fashion show? You have a very creative subconsious!

Kim - love your son's porcupine dream. That's pretty funny.

Crystalchick - I'm not saying cut chocolate out...I'm always up for a fun dream. lol

Josephine - Yes, must be the cheese.

OhMommy - sounds like there's a story behind that comment...

Melissa said...

wow she does have good skills! I think I would have just stood there going...huh!?

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I never remember my dreams. Well...there are rare occassions when I do...but it's because they are so strange. Like that Ted Kennedy came to my house (without pants - and no, that's not the strange part) and was being wheeled around in a wheelbarrow full of french fries. And what would Frued say about that?!

Now my husband was the prankster. I suppose that comes with being the oldest of 5 boys. I had to convince him that I am not savvy to said pranks...

Rhea said...

Motherhood for Dummies - I was pretty impressed that she not only believed me instantaneously but that she also acted so fast. Impressive, I know!

Kat - Those are some pretty amazing dreams, I have to admit. Wow, a wheelbarrow full of french fries? Ted Kennedy naked? You seriously need to blog about these when you remember them. Hilarious! (And Welcome home!)

Anonymous said...

posting your dreams - great idea. how do you remember in such detail? I read that if you don't write it down before you see your mother, it's gone forever. I also read that eating onions promote vivid dreams. I just got home from a cheese tasting, we'll have to see how my night goes...!

Rhea said...

Uberburber - I don't always remember good detail. Sometimes I don't remember it at all...then at some point during the day it will just hit me. lol

Weird about the mother thing and I didn't know onions could help...maybe tonight I'll have cheese, onions and chocholate. lol
Any good dreams last night?