Monday, May 25, 2009

I bet you didn't know swings could turn into a contact sport


Donny called out, "Hey, Remy, let's swing!"






Where Donny goes, Remy generally follows.






"Let's play bumper swings."







Because when boys swing, they don't just swing.
They have to figure out how to make it a contact sport.







Of course, being five years apart in age, their sizes so different,
Remy ends up getting hurt, usually.







And Donny usually tries to make him laugh to make things better.







It works.




The boys went on a safari with their grandparents yesterday.
My mom took lots of pictures that I hope to share soon.

16 comments:

kristi said...

Of course! Boys will be boys!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Isnt that true! my boys are always finding new ways to hurt each other. Wait, what did I just say? I mean play with each other.

Love the Glen Rose BTW.

Jen said...

Oh Boys!

Unknown said...

Oh yeah.... I remember slam-swinging!!!!!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Hey Rhea! Just thought I'd let you know about a fabulous give away going on over on my blog at:

http://www.screweduptexan.com/2009/05/give-away-75-gift-certificate-to-jumeau.html

It is for a $75 Gift Certificate for designer belts and purses. Have a great day!

Sally-Ann said...

I remember playing bumper swings. Fortunately, my little guy just wants to swing on the swings right now - I suspect that will change in a few years

Karen said...

We took our four kids to Fossil Rim on Sunday too.It was a lot more fun than we thought it would be.

Anonymous said...

I have to say it too.

Boys.

They never fail to disappoint.

~ROW~ said...

Boys are just awesome like that. I grew up with two brothers who managed to keep my mother busy! Your guys are adorable!

Justine said...

Awww, it's so sweet that Donny will beat the crap out of him then make him laugh about it. ROFL

Justine :o )

Lula! said...

They look like summer-lovin' boys.

Did they take Annie with them, at least?

Grand Pooba said...

Sounds like something my older brother would want to play with me when we were younger!

Susie said...

Silly boys:-)

Teri said...

You know, I think I am right there with your boys. Gotta bump into each other. Just gotta.

Mama Dawg said...

That's what makes me sometimes wish I had a sibling.

Cristin said...

I totally remember playing bumper swings!