Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Artist's Way



I have always wanted to do the Artist's Way.
My mom did it years and years ago.

I actually bought the book and was planning on doing it this summer.
And then, BlogHer offered a chance to use
Julia Cameron's Artist's Way Toolkit.

I was so excited!

I downloaded the app for my iPhone and my iPad.
It helps you:

  • UNBLOCK yourself with exercises
  • TRACE your creative process in your own personal Creativity Notebook
  • RECEIVE Daily Inspirations, Affirmations, and Artist's Date ideas from Julia

Now, unfortunately, I didn't utilize this as well as I could have.
I had some family emergencies come up,
and I got caught up in that.

But, the times I did check in online or through my iPhone, I loved it.
The biggest thing I learned from using it (and not using it),
is that I need to make time in my life for creativity.

You can take a tour of the toolkit. 

I was compensated for this BlogHer Book Club review but all opinions expressed are my own.





 

No comments: