Monday, July 16, 2012

What Alice Forgot



I was intrigued by the main theme in this book, What Alice Forgot by Liana Moriarty.

The main character, Alice, wakes up on the gym floor, thinking she's 29, in love with her husband and expecting her first child.  Imagine her surprise when she's told that instead she's actually 39, getting divorced and has three kids?!

The idea that you could wake up one day and have forgotten 10 years of your life?
Scary and crazy.

But also thought-provoking.

10 years is a long time.
I think we all go through a lot of change in that amount of time,
whether it's getting married or having kids...
or personal growth or decline.

It makes me wonder if past-me would have liked present-me...
and inspires me to work on future-me.  

This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own.

 

No comments: