Monday, March 28, 2011

Top 10 Twitter Trends of 2010




Did you know that Twitter turned 5 years old last week?
Happy Birthday, Twitter!

Do you use Twitter?
I do
Do you not understand why anyone would want to use Twitter?
This video is very illuminating for those who don't "get it."

25 billion Tweets were sent in 2010.  
I bet we'll be WAY over that for 2011. 
Especially since, according the Twitter Blog, the world now tweets 1 billion tweets per week!  

Want to see the top ten trends for last year?  Some I expected, some I didn't. 


10. Pulpo Paul - the Octopus who perdicted FIFA World Cup wins
9. Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows - The final Harry Potter book
8. Justin Bieber - Teenage Canadian pop singer with a famus hairdo


7. Google Android - New Google Phone
6. Apple iPad - New Apple Product
5. Vuvuzela - a plastic horn used to make noise, especally at the FIFA World Cup

4. Haiti Earthquake - Catastrophic earthquake with a magnitude of 7.0 in Haiti
3. Inception - A Leo DiCaprio movie about a world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion
2. FIFA World Cup - Football World Cup (soccer) won by Spain in 2010
1. Gulf Oil Spill - Deepwater Horizon oil drill spilled oil into the Gulf of Mexico for three months




I can already guess some of the top trends for this year:

Charlie Sheen
Libya
Japan Earthquake/Tsunami or Nurclear Crisis



What do you think?
Do you tweet?





1 comment:

CrystalChick said...

No, I don't tweet. I have enough trouble keeping up with my blogs and the handful of others that I read. I do like FB though. I suppose that is similar?? I mean you can just post statuses thru the day about assorted things. Sometimes people comment back and forth, other times not.