Monday, December 6, 2010

How do you rate your Holy Communion Bread?

I love my father.
And by father, I mean my Dad.

Not the big man upstairs.

My Dad cracks me up. 
He's elderly, 80 years old, and he'll say anything.

I've posted about him many times before.

Yesterday we had lunch together.
And he was telling me that the bread he had during communion at his church was fabulous!
He said it was from "Panteries."
I eventually figured out he meant, "Panera's."

"Dad, how did you know it was from Panera's?" I asked.

"Oh, I asked."
So, apparently my dad enjoyed the Holy Communion Bread so much, 
he asked the minister where he got it.

I can only hope he waited until the Service was over to ask.






*   *   *   *   *


Also, he's waging an epic war against the electric company, 
although they may not be aware of it.  


He's determined not to use A/C or Heat...
to see how low he can get his bill...
constantly trying to outdo himself. 


This last month?  
His electric bill was around $26.
And despite the fact that we're hitting BELOW FREEZING at night now,
he still has not turned on his heat.









7 comments:

Unknown said...

True grit, all the way.

TexWisGirl said...

What a character! :)

NanU said...

Thank goodness for real bread at communion - not those little cardboard wafers. With those wafers you can be certain it's not any heavenly body there in your mouth.
Go, Dad! Though don't go too far with the no-heat.

Sharlene T. said...

You gotta love it! And him... Make him turn on his heat during this weather... old bones can't take it... Come visit when you can...

Ann Imig said...

So sweet.

But I hope NO ONES baking bread in their panteries!!

Trooper Thorn said...

he may be enjoying the communion wine too in an effort to stay warm.

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to say I'm going to be your father when I'm older, 'cause that would be just weird. Not wrong, mind you. Just weird.