Friday, November 28, 2008

Let's Trade

I've posted about our local Trade Days before.
The first time I went by myself and saw what all there was available.
The second time I took the boys, and we barely made it out without one of these.

Well, here are more photos from that second trip with the boys.
It was their first time to experience a Trade Days.
And they loved it.

This is Third Monday Trade Days.





I seriously contemplated buying one of these bird houses.


The one in the middle was my favorite.



Here's Remy showing me that if he were a bird and this was his house,
that's the room he'd want to be his.
Do you remember doing stuff like that when you were a child?
I do.

I was SO tempted to buy that bird house.

I was not tempted to buy these purses below...



But, I was tempted to buy these metal creatures...



and these too. They're so creative and hilarious!




I wasn't too tempted to buy these chickens though...although at some point I'd love to have some to produce fresh eggs for my family...




I was very tempted to buy these adorable little potbellies.
I've told you about my pet pig Kory, the potbelly I had in high school, right?




I swear, I didn't buy this, but somehow it ended up in my car



This is what he bought...a real stainless steel sword.



That he used to cut the tree, causing his mother to yell at him in horror!




and which he has now hidden from his dangerous little brother.

Speaking of the little brother, he was so inspired by Trade Days that he decided to create something of his own to try and sell, just like the people at the market...





It's probably best it only happens once a month, or I'd be tempted to go often!



Do you have a local trade market? Have you ever bought or sold something at one of these? Did anything in these pictures temp you?

Are you shopping today?

20 comments:

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

We don't have Trade Days. It sounds very cool, though. I've seen those Capri Sun purses and they freak me out! The piggies are adorable. They're the most tempting thing, to me!

Indy said...

We don't have anything like this in Ohio. I always love the weird things you find when you go. Love the pics.

Indy said...

Just got caught up with your posts for the past few days. I didn't know that you were feeling so bad. Hang in there and find a therapist that you can really talk to. Sending lots of warm thoughts and prayers your way. Hold on...

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!!!!! I have never been to a trade market! But I am so loving the pot belly pig. Wish I could have one of those!!!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

We don't have anything like that. At least not that I know of. But those capri sun purses are rather popular here. Katie has a pencil case made from them. And I know both girls would love them as purses. Not that they ever carry a purse...but they would love them.

And I am actually contemplating shopping today. Still in the contemplating phase as it's almost noon and I still haven't showered...

Skeller said...

LOVE the birdhouses. HATE the purses. Totally remember picking out "my room" in the model homes we toured with Mom & Dad when I was a little kid. And now I totally force my boys to come along when I go thru model homes. I'm not in the market for a home, but I consider the activity as free entertainment. My boys barely tolerate it.

Anonymous said...

We used to have an AWESOME flea market near our house, which got replaced by a Wal_mart. True (sad) story.

My wife blitzed target today at 6:00 AM. It's crazy out there.

Captain Dumbass said...

No trade days here but it looks fun.

Vodka Mom said...

We DON'T have one of those markets, and I'm PISSED. WHen I lived in San Diego they had them ALL THE TIME. But here in NoWHere, Pa, we don't have them. I'm jealous. can you tell???

scargosun said...

That looks like too much fun. I think you guys need a couple chickens. I SO wasn't shopping today. Maybe if people paid ME to shop I would have.

It's Me said...

No shopping for me today! I love going to Trade Shows. I'm not sure I could pass up one of those baby pot bellied pigs

Linda said...

How cool! I wish we had something like that here. I love the metal rooster and bull.

Shannon said...

I don't think we have anything like that around here... if we did, I'd be there every single time! Very cool.

I did do some shopping today... 1st time I've gone out shopping on Black Friday. And I'm pretty sure it will be the last...

sassy stephanie said...

Yours is much bigger than ours. Our tiny town market day is fun, but I don't see as many cool things at ours! I want the metal "cow"!!!

Mariah said...

We have garage sales, does that count?? I liked the capri sun bags, what a great idea.

Heidi said...

Why do you have to go and make me miss those awesome things in Texas. I grew up there and miss Canton and all the goodies!

CreativeMish said...

I wish we had a trade market! It looks like alot of fun! We have a couple of flea markets a year and lots of garage sales.

Susie said...

We do not have these but they sound like fun:-)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That looks cool. I don't think we have one of those.

I would hide the sword, too!

Mama Dawg said...

We don't have those here.

I want D's sword! That's cool!