Friday, November 21, 2008

Cha$e

As I lay next to my 6 yr old tonight, tickling his back to help him fall asleep,
I could hear the branches from our huge pecan tree in the backyard scratching against the windows. A cold front has been sweeping through north Texas this evening, and the wind heralds it's arrival with violent gusts. I love hearing it roar outside in the darkness, safe and warm under my covers inside.

I've in a phase of self-discovery and introspection. I analyze my every thought and decision. I've discovered I like dramatic weather. I love cold fronts that burst into the area or thunderstorms that rip through the silence. I like a little danger...but just a little.

I watched a new show today that I had never seen before. My older son recorded on the DVR for us to watch as a family. It's a reality show that just premiered this week on the sci-fi channel. It's called Cha$e.

They describe it as a real life video game. Ten contestants are being chased by “hunters" in a large park or wooded area. Throughout the game more and more hunters are released and the longer the contestants “stay alive” the more money they earn. The last person standing or reaching the finish line is the winner. Throughout the chase, contestants get messages on their phones about where they can find “power ups,” objects to protect them from the hunters (ex: invisibility glasses, which pretty much are glasses that make you invisible to hunters.)

It was exciting to watch. People sneaking through the woods, Hunters searching for them. Fun stuff. It reminded me of one of the times I played paint ball in high school. You are on teams, with guns loaded with paint balls. I remember being cornered by a few people from the other team, in the woods, just at the edge of a small cliff...and feeling like it was fight or flight...and I threw myself over the "cliff" and rolled down a hill to escape. It was awesome.

I realize I'm rambling now. But this show looked like fun. I always imagine myself on reality shows. If I was on Survivor, would I make it? Would I turn into a whiny biotch or be anti-social and homesick? Or could I fly under the radar and make it to the end? I'm not sure I could eat bugs...

Amazing Race appeals to me big time. Who would I partner with to race around the world? I imagine trying to do it with Texas Homeboy...would we be one of those annoying couples who bicker and aren't nice to each other? Could I do it with one of my sisters? I'd like to think I have a great traveling attitude and could make it far...

Forget Big Brother. That's more like a drama house full of twenty-somethings all trying to get laid or audition for acting careers. I'm not a great cook, so Hell's Kitchen is out, although Chef Ramsay is hot. Wife Swap and Supernanny don't seem right for me...

Anyway, you get my point. I like reality shows. I find the way people interact fascinating. I wonder if I could come up with a blogging reality show...stick a bunch of bloggers on an island but give us computers and see what we could find to blog about. Who lasts the longest? Who keeps the most readers? That would be interactive, yes? I'd tattoo advertisements on my body...


somebody stop me now.



What about you? Do you like Reality Shows?
What one would you choose to be on?
Who wants to join my blogging isolated island show idea?


28 comments:

Twisted Fencepost said...

I'm not much into reality shows. If I had to choose one to compete on...
I'm thinking the Real Life Video Game might be fun.
And yes, I would join you on the blog island adventure.
As long as it is in a warm place with sand and sunshine!

Shannon said...

Your idea for a reality show is hilarious! Can you imagine!??!?!!

I do like most reality shows... Survivor, Amazing Race, Project Runway...

No way I would make it on Survivor. No. Way.

I would LOVE to be on TAR... I've been saying that for years. My sister would do it with me. It just looks like it would be an awesome thing to do. My only goal would be to NOT be the 1st team eliminated!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I like reality shows. Sometimes. We are STILL watching Survivor. I need to watch last night's episode - my mom said it was great. And I don't know how...but I've only seen one episode of The Amazing Race.

I have not seen cha$e. But that sounds very intriguing. Especially after reading "The Hunger Games." And I am all about a blogging reality show. Sun. Sand. Computers. Rhea getting tattoos. What's not to like?

Jennifer and Sandi said...

I love Grey's Anatomy...that's my reality show!!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

- Jennifer

Anonymous said...

There's no way I'd ever do Fear Factor cause they involve spiders! Plus any show that I'd have to eat bugs or pig eye balls no way! I could do all the physical stuff, but I will not eat anything!

If I had to choose one game show/reality show it would be Dog Eat Dog. Execpt I wouldn't wear a swimsuit!

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big reality show fan, but this post is hilarious. The hunter show? Scary. Heh.

I LOVE the 'Blogger's Island' idea! That would be awesome! I would totally sign up.

Have a great weekend!

Valarie Lea said...

Hmmm blogging, an island, no responsibilties, I might could do that. ;)

Do you feel better??? Are you going to any special movie tonight??? Or have you already been???????

Swirl Girl said...

I love Top Chef, Project Runway , So You Think You Can Dance and American Idol(when they get around to the actual singing parts)...

If your island includes drinks with frilly straws , I'm In!

Jen said...

I don't know about the whole reality show thing. I like watching but I don't think I want to be on one.

Linda said...

I love love love The Amazing Race! I've often dreamed of being a contestant. My hubby and I would totally win! Problem is, I can't leave my kids for that long. So I'll have to pass on the blogging island ... although I'll come and visit you and bring surprises, like chocolate and Starbucks.

Mariah said...

An island, did you say something about an island?? An Island as in palm trees sandy beaches and nude men?? Oh wait, you didn't say anything about nude...oops my bad.

Oh, and yes I like reality shows

sassy stephanie said...

I pretty much only watch reality. Don't watch TV much, but usually tuned in to the realities on VH1.

I love a lil danger. I can stand and watch swirling clouds (from a distance), gusts of wind, raging fire.

I'm down with whatevah will get me the hell outta tha house for awhile. Can I bring my lip gloss?

Burfica said...

I'll join you on your island. hehehehe

Both me and my husband think we could do survivor, and or Amazing Race. But we might get kicked off Survivor, cuz we are very outdoors type of people and are strong in body and mind. So...might be a threat.

We started watching Sci Fi's Estate of Panic. I didn't know if I would like that one, but so far I do. It's pretty fun looking. I'll have to check out Chase.

Indy said...

I like Reality Shows. It all started with the Real World. I get sucked into a lot of them. I like bad tv!

lynette355 said...

I am a Bravo fan. So it is Top Chef, Top Design, Project Runway, How to Look Good Naked, Tim Gunn's Guide to Style and Solitary (which did not last long). I wanna go to the blogging island. You know the one with full service hotel and wireless internet connections. Ahhhhhh!
But I do see myself doing Wife Swap. Think they would pick me? Oh no, I would have to stop blogging when I had to play by "their rules". NOOOOOOOOOOO

OHmommy said...

Oh, yes!!! Those are my guilty pleasure and I love your idea!

Susie said...

I don't really like the genre as a whole but I do watch bits and pieces. I watch Deal or No Deal, The Next Food Network Star and the Last Comic Standing.

Justine said...

Ooh, take me to the island! Just give me an unending supply of cigs and a laptop and I'll be good to go.
I LOVE reality tv. My very favorite is Ghost Hunters on Sci Fi, but I also do Survivor, Big Brother and quite a few others. I'd love to hang (and do) with the TAPS team from Ghost Hunters. Especially Steve with all them tattoos. Oh yeah, they'd keep my tongue busy for hours.

Justine :o )

Marrdy said...

I haven't watched many reality shows but I really dislike the ones where people are mean. (like Hell's Kitchen) I did watch survivor for a while and am sure I would be voted off first!!

Liz said...

I have been in the past, but not so much right now. Although The Amazing Race is good and I catch it once in a while.

~Liz
www.AGiveawayADay.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of the blogging island. I don't know though - some of those blogger types are pretty cutthroat!

AdriansCrazyLife said...

Yep, I'm addicted to reality shows of all types. I have literally watched EVERY season of Survivor and The Apprentice. How sad is that? I could see myself as being on Beauty and the Geek, but I'd have to be a Geek, 'cuz I'm sure now a Beauty!

Captain Dumbass said...

Honestly, I really don't like reality shows, but to each their own. I'm in on the blogging island show. It's going to be somewhere warm, right?

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

I love The Amazing Race!! The Nanny, Wife Swap, Project Runway and Top Design are fun too. I'm embarrassed to say, I was REALLY into that show with Brett Michaels! ha. I was a big Poison fan:-) Reality is awesome.

Jewel Allen said...

The only reality show I've ever watched is my life's!

Seriously, I don't watch that much TV. If it weren't for TV reviews of shows, I'd feel like I was living on a Survivor island :-)

It's Me said...

I'd love to be on a reality show! I would especially like one to follow school principals all day long! interesting!

Mama Dawg said...

I'm totally in for the show!

I love Survivor and could do it. I don't know if I'd make it to the end, but I could handle the living in a remote place aspect of it.

I also am DYING to do Amazing Race. I would totally rock at that.

electronic cigarette said...

its funny to think that if the writers didnt go on strike years back..would there be reality shows now??