Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A 10-year-old girl interviews my boys.

Kat, from Sunshine and Lemonade, graciously allowed her daughter Katie, aka Sugar from I like Pi, to come up with interview questions for my boys
because she owed me since I came up with interview questions for her kids
we're good friends.

Katie so helpfully pointed out that I just interviewed the boys last week.
Why, yes, Katie, you're right, I did!
But, yesterday's post was sad, and I needed something funny today.
Help me out, girlfriend!
Give me some good questions for the boys.
Make me laugh.



This is Katie. She's 10. Isn't she just adorable?
She lives in Georgia.
I keep asking Kat if I can borrow her...or betroth her to my older son...
she says Katie gets to have a say in it.
What?!
What's the point of having kids if they aren't our going to be our slaves obedient progeny?




Here are my boys. Donny's 11 & Remy's 6.
They live in Texas.


1. What qualities do you look for in pie?
Remy: I don't like pie.
Donny: The quality I look for in a good pie is taste...and I make sure it's blue.

I could tell, with this first question and their answers, that I was in trouble with this interview. It's just a feeling...but the boys were already being difficult.


2. If you found out that you were really a girl...what is the first thing that you would do?
Remy: Scream!
Donny: Scream!




3. What is your favorite character from a book?
Remy: Patrick from the Spongebob books.
Donny: Grover the Satyr from Lightning Thief (the Percy Jackson series).


4. Would you want to live forever? And who would you live for? (Kat explained that Katie is a big Twilight fan. My boys were totally confused by the second half of this question and it took some explaining.)
Remy: Yes...Mama.
Donny: Yes...to see the future.


5. Do you ever start to laugh uncontrollably at random times?
Remy: No.
Donny: On occasion.

OK, I'm going to call LIAR on Remy. They both do this. And so do I...


6. What would you do if your house was invaded by sqirrels?
Remy: Cut them up with Donny's new sword.
Donny: Hide in the closet and read a squirrel-taming book.
Remy: What's "tame" mean?
Mama: to make them nice and kind.
Remy: (bursts into laughter at the idea.)


7. What movie star do you think is pretty?
Remy: Miley Cyrus
Donny: Ashley Tisdale

It took about 20 minutes to get an answer out of them. My boys do not want to talk to me about girls they think are pretty or girls they like...or girls period. This was torture. I had to promise ice cream and soft drinks...Kat, my children's dentist bill is all your daughter's fault!!


8. What kind of punishments happen at your house? Are whips ever involved?
Remy: Yes, whips...and kicking and slapping.
Donny: Yes, whips...whips on fire.

She just had to mention whips, didn't she?! They ran with it. I never use whips. I never even spank...anymore. Crazy boys. I might occasionally tape them up and lock them in closets, but no whips or fire or kicking. What kind of parent do you think I am?!


9. If you could only eat one food for a whole month, what would it be?
Remy: What about drinks?
Mama: I'm sure drinks are unlimited.
Remy: Ok. Pizza.
Donny: Zucchini on fire.


10. Go up to your room. Look under your bed. How many things are there? Tell me one of them.
Remy: nothing (it's true, he has a trundle bed and nothing can fit under it)
Donny: like 20 things. One is an Easter basket.




Thanks, Katie!
I needed something light today, and this was perfect!
I can't wait to read yours and your sister's answers to MY questions on your mom's blog today.

30 comments:

Tiffany said...

Zucchini on fire...
this is too funny!

Kimba said...

Too funny! You're boys are cute and this will be fun to read in a few years.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Oh, I love how you used her pictures!! I thought that the fro one would be appropriate for this page. And I see something else that Katie and Donny have in common - blue :-)

I wondered what your boys would make of a lot of her questions. But I love that you MADE them answer the movie star question! :-)

Mama Dawg said...

Isn't Katie a trip!

I loved her questions and your boys answers were priceless!

Heather said...

LOVE love love the interview. I love how towards the end everything was on fire.

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea to have your kids interview each other.

And I love how you used pictures and commentary too.

Kori said...

Too funny.

I am still coming up with questions for my boys. Maybe in the next day or so.

Anonymous said...

LOL - great interview!!

And I also loved the commentary.

Danyele Easterhaus said...

boys r sooo much different than girls it makes me laugh!!! i love that he was worried about drinks...so fun!

Mariah said...

Zuccini on fire!! Those questions are hilarious

Jen said...

that was fun!

TerriRainer said...

I think fire is a recurring theme...be afraid, very afraid!

:) Terri

Valarie Lea said...

Lordy Mercy at your boys!

Anonymous said...

on fire is my new superlative.
love the interview angle.
hang in there w/ the r'ship stuff - marriage is a ride that you gotta hang on tight to sometimes. (And sometimes you gotta just do a lotta waiting in line.) wow, that was philosophical, wasn't it?!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Cute, Rhea!!!!

Momo Fali said...

The Disney execs are happy about the answers to #7, even if it took awhile to get it out of them!

Anonymous said...

So great! And she is a cutie! Your sons are funny!

Captain Dumbass said...

Whips & zucchini on fire? Donny is awesome!

Anna Lefler said...

Oh, I loved this post! Awesome kids.

Plus, it takes a special person to really pull off a 'fro.

Right ON.

XO

Anna

Anonymous said...

comment...on fire...

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

What a great idea! And their answers were hilarious.

Indy said...

What a fun read!

Tiffany said...

That was awesome! I love how Donny likes everything on fire!

the mama bird diaries said...

Hilarious. I like the squirrel question.

Britt said...

Love this .. what is it with boys and fire?!

KimmyJ said...

Boys - and fire and whips - what's a mom to do?

Susie said...

I loved both interviews:-)

sassy stephanie said...

A future Katie Couric maybe?

Remy: whips on fire. Maybe I DON'T want to ever venture to M, Texas!!!

Shannon said...

Katie had some pretty good questions for your boys!

They are a riot!

Tim said...

good post. I'll have to remember this idea if I'm still blogging in 9 years