Sunday, June 1, 2008

Taggeroni, Taggalicious, Taggafantabulous!

My good friend Kat from Sunshine and Lemonade tagged me with this meme. It's only fair, because I've tagged her many times. So, here we go! And, I had to add photos to mine...I have to tell a story with pictures and words, it's just a compulsion.


What was I doing 10 years ago?

I had just turned 21 years old and was finally legal to drink. I'd been married for almost two years and had a baby. I was working in children very part time and staying at home with my little Donny the rest of the time. I only ended up working for one year before I made the decision to go back to school full time at the University of Texas.


Five Snacks I enjoy:

1. Fruit Smoothies I make at home with strawberry protein powder
2. Popcorn
3. Apple slices dipped in peanut butter
4. Raw carrots and cauliflower dipped in ranch dip
5. Sour cream and onion Pringles (bad, I know)








Five Things On My To-Do List Today:


I love making lists and crossing things off. I can get obsessive about it. Five things is just a small, small, TINY section from my To Do List:

1. Finish putting together teacher gifts.

2. Change air filters in the house.

3. Arrange for Donny's friend to come visit from Austin.

4. Finish packaging the Pinkalicious Swap stuff

5. Schedule Donny's orthodonic imaging.





Things I Would Do If I Were A Billionaire:

1. I'd buy a ranch, a huge ranch, in Texas.

2. I'd finish college (I only have a year left!) and have college funds for my kids.

3. I pay off all my own debt and my entire extended family's debts.

4. I'd donate to lots of charities and travel a LOT.

5. I'd buy an island and build a huge resort for all my family and friends to come visit.






Five Jobs I Have Had:


1. Lawyer's assistant

2. Childcare teacher to infants and toddlers

3. Nanny

4. Writer (not paid though...)

5. Mom





Five of My Bad Habits:





1. Disorganization

2. Getting stressed out and raising my voice with the kids

3. Emotional eating

4. Being too passive

5. Passing gas and burping (hey, I live with boys)





Five Places I've Lived:


1. Kerrville, Texas

2. Austin, Texas

3. Salamanca, Spain (for one month)

4. Dallas, Texas

5. Suburb north of Dallas, Texas











6 People I Want To Get To Know Better (yes, this means you are tagged!)

1. Rae/Giggle at Giggles

2. Britgal Sarah at Brit Gal in the USA

3. Chatti Patti at Chatti Patti Strikes Again


5. Jennifer at The Cotton Wife






Five Random Things:


1. That sticky ball is still hanging from our den ceiling.

2. I read constantly. I have a million books going all at once. I keep some in the bathroom, a couple in my purse, one in the car, and so on. I LOVE to read.

3. I studied Spanish and Latin in elementary, high school and college. I love languages. I can also understand and sort of speak a language my mother made up as a child. She spoke it to my older sisters when I was little, and I could never understand it. Now that I'm older, she taught it to me, so now I speak it and my kids have no idea what I'm saying. None of the men in our family know it, just the women.

4. My hair used to be white blonde and pretty straight, with slight waves, when I was younger...then it went darker and super, duper curly on me around my twenties! Very strange.

5. I know how to ride a horse, shoot a rifle and a shotgun, and have gone dam sliding more times than I can count.





22 comments:

Chatterness said...

LMAOOOOOOOOO at the pic of the "baby-man!" I also burp and fart b/c I'm the only girl in the house.

Utter Basketcase said...

COOL hahaha!!!

YAY! I shall give it a go.. when I can sit down for long enough without running to the dunny! :-P xx

Lady in red said...

Do you think anyone has noticed that you like Texas?

Hi not been around much as I have been using my new laptop that I have yet to add you to my favourites ......just occurred to me that I could get to you through giggle so I shall get that sorted later (at work now).

GoMommy said...

This is a fun Meme! I'll get right on it!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

My hair did the same thing. It was brown and straight when I was young - I could do nothing at all with it because it was baby fine. And then...with all those hormones and babies...I now have more reddish hair (well...part of that is the hair dye!) that is wiry and curly and soooo thick I can hardly get a scrunchie around it. Oh, so very strange.

Angie's Spot said...

What a great list! I didn't tag you since I knew Kat had, but now that I know about how it works, expect to see some tagging action from me sooner than later. :-) And my hair was straight as a board until I got a perm in jr. high and now it's crazy wavy and completely unmanageable. I'm thinking of cutting it short this week. Oh, and I love the new title and pic on your front page!

Valarie Lea said...

Dam sliding? Ok explain, I don't think I have ever heard of anyone doing this.

Unknown said...

LOL! Excellent list

Give me a couple of days ok ;-)

OHmommy said...

Shut up... you lived in Salamanca? I did too. Isn't it the best Spanish town ever. I had a blast.

Wow. I can't get over it. ;) When were you there?

Catherine said...

Is there an other place on earth where you'd like to live with your family for a long time (I don't mean holidays, then turn back to Texas)
I like reading such meme, it permits to better know the author.
I've noted that in the part "if I was a billionaire" we all answer a nice house for the family, and the best for our children. We (moms) are all so expectable.

Rhea said...

Chatti Patti - I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes unbecoming bodily noises at times with her boys. lol

Giggles/Rae - I do hope you can stopping running to the dunny long enough to do this, but if you can't, I understand. Darn little Tummy Bug! (I still like the term Belly Bean best!) The first trimester is rough.

Lady in Red - You noticed I like Texas?! LOL Glad to see you back!

Go Mommy - I'm glad your game for the meme. Can't wait to see it!

Kat - It seems more and more women have admitted to me that their hair changed during pregnancies or puberty or whatever. So strange that's not something we ever talk about or hear about. It is wild.

Angie - How weird about your hair too! Thanks for commenting on my new header and title. It's still a work in progress...

Valarie - Dam sliding is just what it sounds like...sliding down the angled part of the dam on a float or something. It's more fun with lots of water is running over the dam. There are lots of dams in the Texas Hill Country, and we even had one on our ranch.

Britgal Sarah - No problem! Take as long as you need. I'm glad you're willing to do it.

Oh Mommy - No way! How cool you lived in Salamanca also! I went with friends from high school in a program called Tasis, I think. We were there for a month in the summer in 1994. It was a BLAST and we traveled all over Spain on the weekends. I love Spain. We stayed in a convent in Salamanca though and they had a strict curfew, or I think we would have had even MORE fun. lol

Catherine - You're right about moms and wanting to provide for the families. We're wired that way. I've always lived in Texas.I love to travel though and see the rest of the world. I love Europe especially.

i beati said...

The header is so right for you !!love it

Christine said...

Great pictures to go with your items! Very funny!

Jeff B said...

Hey, don't all women speak a language that us men can't understand?

Andrea said...

Great reading! I am also wondering about the dam sliding? Where, in Texas, does this happen? And why? Curly hair and Texas just do not go together. They equal frizz. I am so not looking forward to being a frizz head for a while.

I love the secret language thing! I just might start that in my house since we are outnumbered by one male.

Katherine said...

Rotha Gill Lotha Gi Cotha Gool!

~**Dawn**~ said...

I did daycare with infants & toddlers too!!

Mmmm... sour cream & onion Pringles...

San said...

Somebody tagged me with this meme too and I've been procrastinating. I'll have to put it on my to do list, so I can check it off.

Since you're so handy with a rifle and a shotgun, why don't you rob some big Texas bank of a billion and ride away on your horse? You've got good plans for those billion, so let's get things in motion!

Any connection between the pringles and the passage of gas?

Rhea said...

I Beati - Thanks for the compliment on the header! I love it too.

Christine - Thanks! Glad you stopped by.

Jeff - LOL So true, so true. Women do have their own languauge sometimes...as do men.

Andrea - Dam sliding happens on dams! lol Mainly in the hill country, like Kerrville, Hunt, Ingram, that area. It's fun! You do need to make up your own language for the girls in your house.

Rhea said...

Katherine/Mama - Your comment threw me at first, I've never seen your language written before! But, I understood it. Thank you! And, I'm so excited to see you in the Blogosphere now!! Welcome!

Dawn - Daycare work is fun, but exhuasting. Kids suck all your energy out! Especially in groups.

San - Better do that meme! I should rob a bank, that's be fun...it's make good blog material, that's for sure. LOL about the pringles and gas...no, actually it's the protein smoothies that are the worst!!

Jennifer S said...

Dam sliding sounds like a lot of fun.

I'm envious of your month in Spain.

What do billionaires do with all that money? Sigh.

Jules said...

This was a great post. Well done, but it must have taken you ages. Love the picture from Spain. Where exactly in Spain is it?