Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The things I want to do to Mason Jars

I've always had a thing for jars.
Call it what you will...a lust, a fetish, an unhealthy fascination...
(Remember when I shared my mom's fetish?)


This is the first time I've admitted it, said it out loud.


I LOVE glass jars.
And I want to do things to them.



Things like this



(glow paint in a jar, it's genius!)





and this




(A photo in olive oil!)





And this.




 (hanging jars!)




I could keep showing you example after example after example of what I want to do to jars.



(flowers in jars!)




I can't stop.  Help me.


 (so many jar ideas!)



What about you? Have you done things to jars?
Do you want to do things to jars?




6 comments:

Unknown said...

When restaurants started serving drinks in jars, it was the beginning of anything goes. There is no limit to what you can do these days. Go for it!
Rosemary

CrystalChick said...

I have made a few gifts in them. I seem to remember layering some cookie ingredients from a recipe and including a tag for what 'wet' ingredients the recipient would need to add to make a batch.

We just bought my hubby some super hot pickles at a craft fair and they came in a mason jar with brine and assorted spices. He's loving them!


10 day challenge meme thingy on my page if you are interested in joining in??

Michelle said...

I just made quiche in mini jars and it was so good.

SharleneT said...

I use them in all sizes for my dehydrated foods and dried beans and pastas. Then, there's the holiday gifts. You, however, have taken it to a whole new level! Thanks for sharing. I've pinned you!

Jingle Poetry At Olive Garden said...

lovely blog, keep it up.

Happy Holidays.

atpeacewithcrazy said...

oooh, i love love love mason jars! the picture in the olive oil is so creative! thanks for sharing!! now to find the time to do it. ;)