Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Jedi Car, Purple Grass & A Bad Mom

I bet no one has ever had a post titled with those above three things. I'm unique that way, y'all.

So, we were at a football scrimmage this last weekend, and I, of course, had my trusty camera with me. And, Remy is grouchy and refuses to get out of the car. It's only about 100 degrees, so I shouldn't worry about him frying in there, right?

Bad mother example ONE.

I keep looking back at him to check for signs of life, and I see something strange. Do you see it?

Maybe this will be easier...can you see it now?



Yep, that's right. My car has become a Jedi Master. It fights with it's own light saber and is strong with the force. We can expect great things.

Oh, here's proof that Texas Home Boy really exists...REALLY.

Bad mom example TWO.

I'm taking more pictures of random things than my son playing football. But, I haven't figured football out yet. It just looks like a bunch of boys running into each other. It looks like it hurts.

Look, y'all, I can turn the grass purple! It's magic. Ta da!!

Bad Mom example THREE:

That pad is supposed to be in the FRONT of his leg, not the back. See, I didn't know I had to buy pads to put into his pants. I found out at the last minute, so I had to run to Sports Authority and buy this pack:

These are hip pads, a tailbone pad, thigh pads and shin pads. There are special little pockets and snaps in the football pants just for these little guys. And I managed to put them in wrong.

But, my boy had fun. He loved it! He wasn't sure about this whole football thing, but got talked into it by his baseball coach...who is now his football coach. And after this scrimmage, he says he gets it now. He likes it.


I've discovered the SECRET to football now. The reason guys love it? Because it allows guys to ACT like guys. Rough, aggressive, sweaty and dirty. It makes sense now. I get it.

Look, now I can turn the grass red! Ta da!!


31 comments:

Cathy said...

I have a few light sabers around my house too... My son is a big Star Wars fan.

Karen said...

You are so not a bad mom!
I can't stand it when my kids won't get out of the car!! It makes me feel like throwing myself on the ground and having a 2 year old tantrum. As

Jen said...

I agree, you are not a bad mom. But you are very, very funny mom!
I can't stop laughing at the light saber sticking out of the car.

sassy stephanie said...

*Gaaaaassssp* Is Donny tackling in proper installed improperly?

Kidding. Mine would have prolly gone out there with no padding.

Purple grass. Red grass. You've got skills.

Anonymous said...

I would be confused to about where all the pads go so don't feel bad.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

You are such an awful mom! I can't believe you. I mean you went out and bought pads and then had the audacity to put them in his pants incorrectly..how dare you.

And, I think you are having too much photoshop fun now that the kids are in school!

Cristin said...

I'd have no clue how to dress a kid for football either...

And I don't understand the game or care to learn despite my husband's efforts....

Marrdy said...

I think you are a mom just like the rest of us. Who knew that pads go in the front...not me! And I love the Jedi car. Better safe than sorry against the bad guys right?

i beati said...

grunt grunt sandy

Mama Dawg said...

Oh, girl, I was a football manager for all 4 years in high school. I could have told you where all those pads went. Sigh.......it's sad that I know that.

Awesome grass shots!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hmmmm....makes me wonder what a purple wheat grass shot would taste like!

Lula! said...

My husband dreams of having the Force within his vehicle. Do not even get me started on his Star Wars obsession. Because then everyone will know what huge, redneck nerds we truly are.

I love football...especially college football, and most especially University of Georgia football. It's a way of life here in the south. You'll start digging it the more you watch Donny get his down-set-hut on. But please--proper positioning with the pads next time. Don't embarrass him. Ha.

Lula! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valarie Lea said...

Hahahahahah... Oh am so glad to see its not just me who can not put football pads in right. :)

Tell Remy, may the force be with him :)

Melissa said...

oh look at you having some much with your photos!!!!

the mama bird diaries said...

Funny post.

I don't get football either.

Cathy said...

Emma is a Yorkie but sometimes she is a wookie and others a scraggle muffin.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

You are having too much fun with your pictures. And because I am such a good copy-kat, I went to check it out...but my computer connection was too slow and I gave up.

Remy is cracking me up with that light saber out the window. I love that you left it open just a crack. So he wouldn't escape, but might get a bit of fresh air...

Angie's Spot said...

You are cracking me up! Glad Donny is having fun with football! I managed to buy my oldest the wrong tap shoes for her dance class and had to look everywhere to get the right ones. Geez. The sacrifices that we make!

Insane Mama said...

YOu are having way too much fun with your camera. I agree, boys NEED to be BOYS!

OHmommy said...

Thanks to you I will remember how to put those pad things on properly.

I was laughing out loud with you, of course!

Utter Basketcase said...

WHat a super cool camera!!!

LMAO at Remy!!

and Donnie with his pads!!! Too funny! xx

TentCamper said...

I need a Jedi car!!!!!!

No badmouthing football woman!!!!!! season is startig. But I guess you now understand how us men are confused by yoga and pilates...laying around and pushing your butts up in the air....foolishness.

CrystalChick said...

Looks like Donny will be a good football player!

Love the purple grass the best. :)

Anonymous said...

My absolute FAVORITE shots to take with my camera are of my boys playing football....oh I just love it!

Unknown said...

Have I told you lately how much I love your quirky, fun posts?

So NOT showing my hus your Jedi car 'cause then he will totally want one... ; )

Shannon said...

Oooo... I like the red grass! Pretty! :)

I would be totally clueless about football, if I had a boy. I wouldn't have known where to put all those pads! And I doubt my husband would know, either! HA!

Tiffany said...

I LOVE football. Once you get it down (ha!), it is so fun and exciting to watch. You pictures are cracking me up.

Casey's trio said...

I love all your photo skills...Photoshop?? Laughing at your jedi master and football pads fiasco. It's a good thing for me that I have girls because I wouldn't have a clue about the boy stuff either!

Anonymous said...

ouch, that's a lotta pads to keep track of. and in place.

Indy said...

You make me laugh. Love the pads on backwards. May the force be with you.