Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ride 'em like you stole 'em



I saw this saying today at the local Trade Days:



Ride 'em like you stole 'em.



I fell in love immediately.

To me, it means, approach things with passion, give it your all.

Then I started to think.
What do I approach with passion??
What do I give my all to?


I have a lot of potential passion stored up inside of me.
I can feel it bubbling and swirling and brewing inside.


It's going to explode like a geyser when I find my calling.

I'm passionate about my children. about writing. about blogging.

But, I don't put enough time into writing like I should.
Like I want.

I need to make myself...

I'm alone right now.
My husband and kids are spending Spring Break with family in Austin.

Well, ok, not completely alone. I have a fierce attack dog with me.





and my elderly father.



I'm spending lots of time introspecting...



16 comments:

sassy stephanie said...

That Annie. She is a girl of a million faces!

Screwed Up Texan said...

That is the cutest fierce dog I have ever seen! I think I am just now finding my passion and purpose in writing.

Jen said...

I so like your passion!

lynette355 said...

Bust Loose Rhea, BUST LOOSE!

the mama bird diaries said...

That Annie cracks me up.

Great expression.

feather k said...

it's a great start that you're thinking about your passion(s)...may you find answers as you ponder...thanks for visiting me this week! i laughed out loud at your dog's picture...too funny!

Beth said...

OMG That face is totally and completely priceless. She's like, "back up off my toy, *bleep*!"

Annie is such a doll.

Rick said...

One bad dog. He don't like to share. Bad doggie.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) cool site I follow you :)

Justine said...

How much more creative do you wanna be? Leave some for the rest of us!

Justine :o )

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

What?! You are "alone" in your house? With no boys to take care of? Wow. Has that ever happened before? I think that you need to stop the introspection - and start the ride 'em like you stole 'em part! :-)

Mama Dawg said...

Lucky duck on the free time. My mom and LOML were supposed to be in New Orleans this week leaving me to myself. sigh....didn't happen.

Girl Tornado said...

I am laughing my butt off right now, your fierce attack dog photo is hysterical! :) Thanks so much for coming by my blog and welcoming me to the SITStahood!! :) I'm back from AZ just this afternoon, and I've got a ton of catching up to do.... and congrats on your first story getting published, how exciting that must have been! :) :)

Melissa said...

Love your attack dog..so cute in such a Cujo-like way:)

Shannon said...

My girls are out of the house, too... they're on Spring Break. Spending the week with my sister in Nashville. But today is my last day of quiet "freedom"... they'll be home tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Kat...RIDE 'EM LIKE YOU STOLE 'EM!!! Love that.