Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm turning Into My Dad

I have a really cool boss right now.

He lets me bring Annie to work with me!
Because he has a horse-sized dog that she can play with all day.

His dog's name is Aslan (like the lion from Narnia), 
and he is half-Great Pyranese, half-German Sherhard.
Beautiful and majestic.






Yesterday, when I left him inside after one of his backyard potty breaks,
he grabbed a clump of dirt in his mouth as he ran inside.

Exasperated, I followed him inside, 
saying to my co-worker, "He's brought in mud!  It's going to make a mess."

and went after Aslan to retrieve the mud before he made a big mess in the room.

I made him "drop" the clump of dirt 
and picked up the mud with my bare hand...
only to discover, IT. WAS. NOT. MUD.

I then squealed like a little girl and ran around screeching.


And proceeded to wash my hands for an hour straight.


and I posted this on Facebook for friends and family to laugh at me.
and one of my sisters commented, "Okay you're starting to scare me, This sounds a lot like a Dad story!"

And I realized she's right.

Our father was always picking up things that didn't turn out to be what he thought they were 
and ended up being nasty surprises.

Like the "sock" on the floor that ended up being dog poop 
or the "leaf" on the floor that ended up being a scorpion.


I'm turning into my dad (aka Lord of the Flies)






2 comments:

Sharlene T. said...

Too, too, funny! Thanks for sharing... and, apparently, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree... Why do dogs love their own poop; I don't know, but they do! That dog needs a new toy... Come visit when you can...

Sharlene T. said...

Too, too, funny! Thanks for sharing... and, apparently, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree... Why do dogs love their own poop; I don't know, but they do! That dog needs a new toy... Come visit when you can...