Thursday, April 7, 2011

Anyone know how to remove a curse?





You know how sometimes in a fairy tale,
the witch disguises herself as an old woman
and if you pass her without helping her on your quest,
then she'll curse you?


 
Well, I think I must have skipped past some old woman without seeing her.


 
Or, perhaps I accidently stepped on a frog prince?

Sat on a pixie?
Stepped on a four-leaf clover?
Ran over a black cat and a mirror in my car?


 
I've hit quite a string of bad luck.


 
My computer died.  Completely.
My camera's broken. Frustratingly.
My new iPhone 4 has been stolen. Crushingly.
&
My car insurance increased exponentially.



That's bad luck, isn't it?


 
So, how to I make it stop?


Do I need to concoct a complex potion and drink it naked under a full moon?


Should I plant a tree and stop wearing shoes?
Should I stop and help every old woman I see, whether she needs it or not?
Maybe I should head to the animal shelter and adopt every black cat I can find! 
And polish every mirror I pass...



 
I'm determined to turn this bad luck around.



4 comments:

SharleneT said...

Well, my gentleman caller would like the naked under a full moon drinking but would add dancing, as well. But, I've been there and know what you're feeling. What I ended up doing was simply sayint to the gods, thank you for the learning experience (doesn't matter, if you know what that was), I'm now ready for the wheel to turn. And, thank you, very much. Then, let it go.


Did I win the lottery? No, but my attitude changed and good things started coming my way. Can't explain it; it just did. I hope it works for you. Come visit when you can.

Dillypoo said...

Grab some salt and throw it at your ex. Should work!

Momo Fali said...

A couple of weeks ago, I wondered if I had some magnetic field around me. I couldn't get my phone to work, my blog vanished and some of my spreadsheets froze up. It made me feel crazy! Darn universe!

Dusty Dudley said...

Well I was gonna get on here and try to post something helpful, but I'm too busy laughing at the thought of someone's man friend insisting on the dancing naked under the full moon, and throwing salt at someone's ex....

It may help to know that Mercury (planet of all things communication, like cell phones, cameras, printers, and people talking) has been in retrograde since March 30; it will go direct April 23rd and things should go back to normal after that.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna try that throwing-salt-on-the-ex thing and see if I can scare up some mead for the full moon dance...