Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Elementary School Black Market




Yesterday was the first day of school in our part of North Texas,
the end of a rough summer,
and I couldn't wait to hear how the day went for my boys.


My younger son had a really rough summer, involving various medical issues and surgery.
And he was very nervous about returning to school and handling his chronic nausea issues.


I gave him medication before he left for school.
We talked about how he'd handle things if he started to feel sick.
I worried about him all day.
Hoped things were going well.


 However, when I picked him up,
one of the first things he said ...


was that he had traded two Hexbugs for a Pokemon game.


Guess the first day was a success.


Did you know that there was an elementary school black market?
Did you ever trade things at school?
What has your child come home with?




  

1 comment:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

What is a hexbug?! My kids trade lunch items. And at the middle school, the kids earned themed rubber ducks through their magazine sales - those are traded rampantly.