Thursday, May 10, 2012

You Have No Idea



I just finished reading
You Have No Idea,
written by Vanessa Williams and her mother, Helen Williams.

It's not a book I would have picked out on my own,
but I read it for the BlogHer Book Club,
and I ended up finding it very interested.

What stood out to me:

1. I had no idea Vanessa Williams was the 1st black Miss America
2. She has had quite a career
3. I've never read a memoir from the perspective of a mom and a daughter.

Everyone enjoys hearing about a celebrity's life,
how they made it,
what scandals they've survived,
the relationships they've had, etc.

But having Vanessa's mom share her side of the story really gave this book more depth.
Especially a non-nonsense mom like Helen.

I be willing to read a lot more celebrity memoirs if all their moms were chiming in!


 

No comments: