Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Where She Went





I read Where She Went by Gayle Forman for the BlogHerBook Club.

It was a quick and easy read,
and I overall enjoyed it.
It was sequel to If I stay, which I have not read.

But, I didn't need to have read the first one.
It worked fine on its own.

I don't often read books from the viewpoint of a young man,
one who is clearly in love and heartbroken.

However, like the Twilight books,
I don't like the idea that someone can't survive without another person.

That all-consuming love doesn't seem healthy.

I enjoy reading about it, it's romantic and breathless...
but when I think back over it to analyze things...
I don't like the message.

Maybe it's because of where I am in my life,
a high school sweetheart who disappointed me,
a marriage broken.

 I'm a bit down on love.
especially the all-consuming type that prevents someone from living their life to the fullest.

I liked reading it though,
wherein lies the conundrum. 

But, you be the judge.
Have you read it?
What are your thoughts?
Do you believe in that kind of love?

This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own.


 

No comments: