Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Fault in Our Stars




 I'd heard that John Green was a great young adult fiction writer,
so I'd planned on picking up one of his books.

It made sense to start with the most recent one that came out.
However, when I read the summary... I wasn't so sure this was a good idea.

The Fault in Our Stars

I wasn't sure I wanted to read about terminally ill teenagers.
I tend to avoid heartbreaking stories, so that, well, I don't have my heart broken.

But, I read this, and I'm glad I did.
It was a great story.
I laughed.
I cried.
I enjoyed.

The main character, Hazel, has cancer and no real hope of much of a future...
and then she meets a new boy in the cancer support group who changes her life.

There's a quest.
There's humor.
There's young love.

It was a wonderful read.


This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own.



1 comment:

Angie said...

My daughter loves loves loves John Green! I read a few of his books while she was home from college last summer and I really enjoyed them. This is on my summer reading list. My daughter met him a few months ago and had him sign me a copy.