Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Diary of a Mad Fat Girl


 


I recently read Diary of a Fat Mad Girl by Stephanie McAfee for BlogHer Book Club. 


It's set in a charmingly adorable town named Bugtussle,Mississippi.
The main character, Ace Jones, is about 30 years old 
and finds herself tangled up in crazy antics involving her best friends.


There are lots of great southern colloquialisms.  
And I'll admit, there were some situations that were pretty funny.


It read easily and quickly, 
it was funny and light, 
but for some reason, 
I was dissatisfied. 


I felt like perhaps the writer was trying too hard. 
It didn't feel real.
The characters didn't feel real.


But, it's a book you should read and judge for yourself.


This is a paid book review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own.



 

No comments: