Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Missing Key





Missing Key

For five days we've searched for you.

Under couches 
and 
in the cracks between cushions.

I've pulled out the flashlight to look behind furniture.

We inspected cabinets
and
 checked under beds.

I've scoured every inch of my car.

 I've made my son look through all his dirty clothes,
turning out every pocket.


I made the same son search through his:
backpack
bed
desk
dresser
and
everywhere
in between.


 I told my son, "I'm so disappointed' and "This is so frustrating."
This son has lost things before.


And at work today,
as I rooted around in my purse for lipstick,
I found it.

The missing key.

*facepalm*



 

2 comments:

Angela said...

oh, i hate that.
my kids are too young really, but it happens with my husband a lot. and then i have to sheepishly apologize for being a royal butt. i'm sure it'll happen with my kids soon, too.

David said...

I just stumbled onto your blog. The format is really quite interesting. The way you arrange the words really helps to add personality to your writing. Well done.