Thursday, February 7, 2013

BlogHer Book Review: Here I Go Again by Jen Lancaster




Here I Go Again by Jen Lancaster was a wild book.


I didn't like it at first, but I was determined to finish it.
The character was unlikeable.
The tone was irritating.
I didn't think I was going to be able to keep reading ...
and then, after a while,
it grew on me,
as did the character.


The main character, Lissy Ryder, was a mean girl in high school,
popular, bitchy and completely self-centered.

And as she attends her 20th high school reunion,
we see she's still much the same,
but things start changing
and she's sent back in time to redo high school.


I'm intrigued by the thought of re-doing high school.
I enjoyed high school, it wasn't a bad time for me.
But, I definitely have things I wished I done different.

 I was too wrapped up in a guy (who I later married).
I wish I'd spent more time hanging with girlfriends and exploring life.

 But, I'd be terrified to change things
because I wouldn't want to lose the two most important things in my life currently, my boys.

This book was an interesting read,
and it makes you ponder your own high school years, that's for sure.


 Check out our BlogHer book club discussion.

And follow Jen Lancaster on Twitter!



This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own.



No comments: