Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Dogs Disocvered Social Media Before We Did




One of my New Year's Resolutions is to exercise my dog more,  
so, I've been going for walks around our local Town Lake with my sweet Annie.


It's peaceful, beautiful and calming.
There are big trees and lots of geese and ducks.




 


And I've noticed some patterns.
Annie always pees the minute she gets out of the car and hits the grass.
Then within the first 3 minutes, she has a bowel movement.
And then, as we walk a mile, so continues to pee every 5 minutes or so.





 


When she stops to pee the first time, I usually check in to the Foursquare app on my phone
and log in that I'm at the Town Lake Park.


 

And eventually, the correlation hit me.
The dog is peeing all around the park to let other dogs and animals know that she was there.
I'm signing into Foursquare to let my family and friends know I've been there.





 


We're not so different, her and I.
Maybe dogs are more advanced than we thought. 




 

2 comments:

Sicilian said...

Cute!
I know Dex and Allie have made me a kinder gentler neighbor as we routinely leave messages all over Lake Belton.
Ciao

Table4Five said...

You are so right! My dog likes to check his "treemail" first thing when he goes out LOL