Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Care And Handling of Roses With Thorns



The Care and Handling of Roses with Thorn by Margaret Dilloway 
was the latest BlogHer Book Club read.

The main character, Gal, is in her mid-thirties, 
a high school teacher and struggling with kidney disease.
 

But, she has a passion for roses. 
Growing and breeding roses.
The story focuses on her goal of trying to win a rose competition 
and the unplanned arrival of her teenage niece into her home.

I really enjoyed this book.
The rose breeding was fascinating to me.

Gal is a strong character, and she feels real.
A flawed woman who learns more about herself.
And learns to love.

A good read!!

It made me want to go out and plant things.
Grow things.

I don't have many hobbies, besides reading.
What are your hobbies?
Have you grown anything?

This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: